Chrysler Imperial Concept car

Old March 1st 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Chrysler Imperial Concept car

I guess the concept was to make something uglier than the 300C. Success.

Old March 2nd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I'm starting to like the 300C. I will never see the Imperial as a good
looking vehicle. Whoever designed that car must have attended the "eyesore
school of design"

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

nk.net...

Old March 2nd 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I suppose the Rolls Phantom is an ugly vehicle too huh? That's the
inspiration for the IMPERIAL. It is the poor man's Phantom see this
link for info on the Phantom; eerily familiar
http://www.rrab.com/rphantom.htm

Cheers...Craig

Old March 2nd 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

It's not and it is still ugly but that's my opinion and those of a few
million other I would bet.

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

oups.com...

Old March 2nd 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Notice the bigger windows on the Phantom.

oups.com...

Old March 2nd 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I like the Charger. Also, with some of the 3rd party grills the 300C looks
ok but those small windows still just look out of proportion to me and the
back of the car looks like it should be attached to a different car than the
front.

Frankly, if I was going to get a big car now, even though I did not like my
2001 Avalon I would have to look at the new Avalon. I've seen a couple
around and the interiors look incredible at least from the outside looking
in. But we are out of the car buying businsess for a long time with our 2
new Honda's. The minivan is terrific but I'm not a big fan of my wife's
Accord Hybrid. I find the engine turn on/ turn off obnoxious after a while.
Also the front bumper is so ridiculously low you cannot help to scrape it
pulling into parking places. At least on the 300M you would just scrape the
black wind dam underneath.

ink.net...

Old March 3rd 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

The Avalon rides very nice and offers plenty of room and power.

Consumer Reports says reliability has been average.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
From Broadway bright the tubes run right
Into the Road of Anthracite"
Erie - Lackawanna

ink.net...

Old March 4th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I like the Charger, the 300, and the Challenger, but nobody's perfect -
that Imperial is awful looking. Looks like it can't decide if it's a
car or an SUV. Goofy front end. Ick.