146 at Max Power

Old July 12th 06, 06:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Default 146 at Max Power

Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:29:00 GMT, catman
> > wrote:
>

>>someone saying 'Here's a diet that you might enjoy' And 'Lo' I *did*
>>enjoy it

> ..any hints..I could do with an *enjoyable* diet!

See my other post

>>If *I* can do it, anyone can. Problem is now having lost all that *and*
>>quit smoking my piety is astonishing

> ..next you'll be getting a flat cap and a Merc....

Oooh, tempting, tempting.

> It's interesting how often the 'family history of heart trouble' +
> 'fat' + 'smoking' + 'over 35' all come together. Under 35
> invincibility means folks ignore them. About half the folk I know in
> this scenario revert to type within a year though.. :-(

Well, if I'm honest I always hated being fat. And I was always fat.
It's taken 3 years and a bit to get to this point. I run maybe 10 miles
a week, swim a km once a week and take Kung Fu classes twice a week. If
I reverted to type, none of my clothes would fit, and Rachel would be
*very* ****ed off

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 TS 156 TS S2
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 13th 06, 12:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:31:32 GMT, catman
> wrote:

>Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.

Ahhh.. I was on that for a year or so. The real trouble, for me, was
that when I finished it, I got a truly massive chocolate craving which
has totally reversed the gains I made. I was weak!

Most diets work, if you stick with them, and Atkins has a big
advantage in that you are required never to feel hungry! The choice of
(expensive) foods bored me in the end and I missed good doses of hoppy
beer too.

The guys I did Atkins with have now moved on to the South Beach Diet
which seems to be Atkins with fruit! The overwhelming Atkins *worry*
(I've seen no good substantiation though) being chronically
'overworked' kidneys and liver. The conclusion we came to was - Atkins
to get the bulk of the weight off then move to something less
controversial. Spread the risk.

Unfortunately, and ultimately, the Billy 'you don't see fat people in
a Famine' Connolly solution to 'eat less, exercise more' is the only
one..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old July 13th 06, 01:09 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
catman

Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:31:32 GMT, catman
> > wrote:
>

>>Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.

> Ahhh.. I was on that for a year or so. The real trouble, for me, was
> that when I finished it, I got a truly massive chocolate craving which
> has totally reversed the gains I made. I was weak!

I would suggest that in fact you didn't *really* understand the whole
book. It's not something you finish, really

> Most diets work, if you stick with them, and Atkins has a big
> advantage in that you are required never to feel hungry! The choice of
> (expensive) foods bored me in the end and I missed good doses of hoppy
> beer too.

Beer is about the only thing I miss TBH.

> The guys I did Atkins with have now moved on to the South Beach Diet
> which seems to be Atkins with fruit! The overwhelming Atkins *worry*
> (I've seen no good substantiation though) being chronically
> 'overworked' kidneys and liver. The conclusion we came to was - Atkins
> to get the bulk of the weight off then move to something less
> controversial. Spread the risk.

Heh, as well as the profits

> Unfortunately, and ultimately, the Billy 'you don't see fat people in
> a Famine' Connolly solution to 'eat less, exercise more' is the only
> one..

Well, of course. There are reasons why people overeat though. I'm not
*ever* going to make an excuse but when *I* eat something like I cake,
it physically makes me hungrier. I never knew this was not 'normal' so....

And yes, you need to exercise. Thing about that is that the more you do
it, the easier it gets
Old July 13th 06, 04:54 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:09:58 GMT, catman
> wrote:

>Zathras wrote:
>> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 17:31:32 GMT, catman
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution.

>> Ahhh.. I was on that for a year or so. The real trouble, for me, was
>> that when I finished it, I got a truly massive chocolate craving which
>> has totally reversed the gains I made. I was weak!

>I would suggest that in fact you didn't *really* understand the whole
>book. It's not something you finish, really

Don't think so..I understand Atkins book fully and don't disagree with
any of his points. To the extent that, although I don't eat nearly as
much carbohydrate as I used to and continue to eat an Atkins breakfast
and lunch, I no longer claim to be on that diet. How many have claimed
to be on Atkins when they are actually nothing of the sort?

My trouble was that, I got to my target weight and relaxed *too much*.
This was allied to spending vast amounts of time sitting at a PC
(getting a shareware company built) and neglecting the exercise. Now
I'm shifting everything (company and personal) to another webhost so
the swim I had this morning is likely to be a one-off for now.. I'm
*time-poor* as they say. No time to just *go for a ride* in my Alfa
even. My choices - so no complaints..I'm reminded of the Frenchman in
The Matrix - 'cause and effect'..