How to get to 54.5 MPG

Old August 1st 11, 08:22 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_9_]

Default How to get to 54.5 MPG

On 7/31/2011 6:31 PM, Brent wrote:
> On 2011-07-31, > wrote:
>> On 7/31/2011 9:34 AM, bob urz wrote:
>>> http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...lysis_element&
>>>

>>> bob

>> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
>> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
>> about. :-)

> What do you mean "driving"? "We" won't be driving. That will be for
> government people of sufficent rank and the wealthy only.

OK, we move to China then. :-)
Old August 1st 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Roger Blake[_2_]

On 2011-08-01, bob urz > wrote:
> This is brought to you by the same government that has essentially
> outlawed screw in incandescent lamps for your home by the end of the year.

I have a lifetime supply of incandescents squirreled away in the basement.
Screw the government, the environmentalists, and the liberals.

"Climate policy has almost nothing to do anymore with environmental
protection... the next world climate summit in Cancun is actually
an economy summit during which the distribution of the world's
resources will be negotiated." -- Ottmar Edenhofer, IPCC
Old August 1st 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Hachiroku > wrote:

>What'll you be driving? Pinewood Derby car?

My MGB got pretty damn close to that.
Put a modern fuel injection system in there and it should not be a big deal.
--scott
Old August 1st 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Hachiroku" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:52:50 -0500, hls wrote:

>>> According to my master plan for world domination, we'll all be driving
>>> electric cars in 2025 so this is not something that we'll have to worry
>>> about. :-)

>> I'll bet I wont ':>)

> What'll you be driving? Pinewood Derby car?

Most likely, at my age, yes.. It will be powered by 6 attendants.

Old August 2nd 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hachiroku

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:04:32 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Hachiroku > wrote:
>>
>>What'll you be driving? Pinewood Derby car?

> My MGB got pretty damn close to that.
> Put a modern fuel injection system in there and it should not be a big deal.
> --scott

Those were cool cars. I drove a Midget a couple times ("EGADS! I can see
the ROAD over my shoulder!!!!") But I always wanted a GT...

Old August 2nd 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
J R[_2_]

Oh, I get it now, a Pinewood Derby car.

That must be one of those new Italian sports cars! ~ Jackie Gleason,
Smokey and the Bandit II.
cuhulin

Old August 2nd 11, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
gpsman

On Jul 31, 3:34*pm, bob urz > wrote:

My (used, got it with 60K mi.) '90 Geo Metro averaged 53 mpg over 3
years and ~100K highway miles on 85 octane.
-----

- gpsman
Old August 2nd 11, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
sctvguy1[_2_]

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:50:10 -0500, Hachiroku wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:04:32 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>
>> Hachiroku > wrote:
>>>
>>>What'll you be driving? Pinewood Derby car?

>> My MGB got pretty damn close to that.
>> Put a modern fuel injection system in there and it should not be a big
>> deal.
>> --scott

> Those were cool cars. I drove a Midget a couple times ("EGADS! I can see
> the ROAD over my shoulder!!!!") But I always wanted a GT...

I had two MGBs, one for 14 years, one of the most reliable cars that I
have ever had. It was a 1977 model, converted to the dual side-draft
SUs. It would get about 30 on the highway. The 240Z stole the GTs body
style and its limited market.
Old August 2nd 11, 03:55 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Adrian[_3_]

"sctvguy1" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 18:50:10 -0500, Hachiroku wrote:

>>> My MGB got pretty damn close to that.
>>> Put a modern fuel injection system in there and it should not be a big
>>> deal.
>>> --scott

>> Those were cool cars. I drove a Midget a couple times ("EGADS! I can see
>> the ROAD over my shoulder!!!!") But I always wanted a GT...

> I had two MGBs, one for 14 years, one of the most reliable cars that I
> have ever had. It was a 1977 model, converted to the dual side-draft
> SUs. It would get about 30 on the highway. The 240Z stole the GTs body
> style and its limited market.

Really, the 240 stole the GT's body style?! If
not talking about a Ferrari, you must be kidding!
Take a look at a '68 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona.
http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma...tb_4/1968.html

Old August 2nd 11, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Clive[_2_]

In message >,
sctvguy1 > writes
>I had two MGBs, one for 14 years, one of the most reliable cars that I
>have ever had. It was a 1977 model, converted to the dual side-draft
>SUs. It would get about 30 on the highway. The 240Z stole the GTs body
>style and its limited market.

MG and reliable don't go together. I expect things might now improve
with the new Chinese owners.
--
Clive

41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG [email protected] Technology 118 February 11th 09 02:51 PM
MPG GT[_1_] Alfa Romeo 0 July 2nd 07 01:52 PM
x5 mpg bt BMW 7 October 12th 06 03:13 AM
A4 2.4 MPG? Mo Audi 4 February 22nd 05 11:18 AM