98 A4 Quattro 2.8 died at a Stop Light

Old March 29th 05, 08:58 PM
jpmichelson

Default 98 A4 Quattro 2.8 died at a Stop Light

Hi all,

While stopped a traffic light this morning the engine started running
rough and then simply died. I attempted to restart it without
success. I had just driven 50 miles without any issues.

The car has 114K miles and has had the timing belt changed as well as
all the schedule maintenance performed.

Can anyone give me any idea what could be the cause of this problem ?
It is at a dealership now and I would like to get an idea of what I am
in for.

thanks in advance,

jim

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Audi-98-A4...ict109813.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=514273
Old March 29th 05, 09:18 PM
Tony

If it died slowly I would guess a bad fuel pump or its relay. still could be
many things.

Old March 29th 05, 10:32 PM
daytripper

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:18:16 -0600, Tony > wrote:

>jpmichelson wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> While stopped a traffic light this morning the engine started running
>> rough and then simply died. I attempted to restart it without
>> success. I had just driven 50 miles without any issues.
>>
>> The car has 114K miles and has had the timing belt changed as well as
>> all the schedule maintenance performed.
>>
>> Can anyone give me any idea what could be the cause of this problem ?
>> It is at a dealership now and I would like to get an idea of what I am
>> in for.
>>

>If it died slowly I would guess a bad fuel pump or its relay. still could be
>many things.

including water in the fuel tank, bad fuel filter...
Old March 29th 05, 10:38 PM
Dennis Wyatt

If your car is at the dealership, I can tell you what you are in for: You will pay about 3x what a capable independent would charge.

Old March 30th 05, 04:03 AM
daytripper

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:38:10 -0500, "Dennis Wyatt" > wrote:

>If your car is at the dealership, I can tell you what you are in for: You will pay about 3x what a capable independent would charge.

fwiw, you really need help properly configuring your newsreader.

Ask your room mate...
Old March 31st 05, 06:28 PM
Ronny

"Dennis Wyatt" > wrote in message ...
If your car is at the dealership, I can tell you what you are in for: You will pay about 3x what a capable independent would charge.

While this is true, it may take an independant 3 x longer to diagnose the fault, and 2 x longer to fix the problem, somtimes it's worth paying Audi to fix your car, especially when it just dies.

Servicing etc I would take to a ind anyday