Is there something to this?

Old February 25th 05, 01:20 PM
JTS

William Bradshaw wrote:
> Sting32 wrote:
>
>> I pasted the 1st time he pointed this out, half way though this post,
>> there is a picture (snapshot of his desktop with Wordpad with a file
>> open...) picture are worth 100's of words (from my keyboard anywho)
>> then the text was from this link...
>>
>> http://www.onlineracin.com/forum/tm.asp?m=41811
>>
>> hope that clears it up a bit for ya JTS

Thanks Will. Pretty interesting read.
Old February 25th 05, 01:46 PM
Plowboy

What kind of racing, tour d france types or those speedway bike (you know
the wooden "bristol" ish tracks, or BMX?) My bud that is really good,
national HS champ a year or 2 ago I think it was, did Bicycle trials.
either way, all that pedaling, that to me looks more like work, LOL.

>http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com/...w_to_ride.html

Steve Blankenship enlightened us with:
> "Plowboy" > wrote in message
>> Steve,

snipped

Old February 25th 05, 02:45 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Plowboy" > wrote in message
> What kind of racing, tour d france types or those speedway bike (you know
> the wooden "bristol" ish tracks, or BMX?) My bud that is really good,
> national HS champ a year or 2 ago I think it was, did Bicycle trials.
> either way, all that pedaling, that to me looks more like work, LOL.

Road racing - I'd suck at bicycle trials even worse than I did on the
motorbike. Which should help me doing plate tracks in sims; low power, lots
of drag, big packs. Really striking how much bike racing's like restrictor
plate racing. Use your teammates, find the right combination of guys to
work with, get a small bunch clear to the finish - and then it hits the fan
when you get close to the line... ;-)

SB

Old February 25th 05, 08:34 PM
Larry

Well, yeah. It's not quite the "Entirely New Engine" we are led to believe.
I think we knew that though

-Larry

"Sting32" > wrote in message
om...

Old February 25th 05, 08:36 PM
Larry

Yes, but the previous wheel was very, very broken. It needed to be
reinvented and we were led to believe they did.

-Larry

Old February 25th 05, 08:48 PM
Larry

Yeah, The box even advertises "All New Game Engine".

Whether you like the game or not (I do - mostly), the whole advertising
campaign behind this title was terribly misleading.

-Larry

Old February 25th 05, 08:53 PM
Larry

Last week I got bumped out of the universe, onto another plane of existance.

I'm not kidding

I got warp-whammed in the rear, my car went flying (and flying and flying)
up in the air, and it NEVER came down!

It stayed up in the air, spinning and rolling. I could see out the
windshield and saw grass, sky, grass, sky, grass, sky, grass, sky....

Had to esc out of the game.

If you remember Viper Racing... At the default course (silverdale I think)
the field on the left at the S/F line.. .If you 4-wheeled out there and
drove off the cliff you fell towards the ocean forever and forever, never
falling back to earth.

This was the SAME thing

-Larry

Old February 25th 05, 08:57 PM
Larry

It does ?

-Larry

"Steve Blankenship" > wrote in message

"But it's a capable physics engine to build a sim on as GTR shows"

Old February 26th 05, 01:24 PM
Bill Bollinger

I will still take NSR online code right now over N2003 in a heartbeat.
Hands down a better and more enjoyable online experience (In Race) than
N2003. Of course this doesn't include yellows, physics, admin control,
dedicated server support etc... LOL

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com

Old February 26th 05, 01:28 PM
Bill Bollinger

What is such a JOKE, is than N2003 DEFINES dirt tracking style racing. To
be fast in N2003, you MUST dirt track it on the edge. So much on the edge
that people whine if the tempature isn't set to one temp with no wind. What
I think NSR has as a BIG advantage is that to go fast with NSR your car must
be balanced. Neither tight nor loose.

Bill Bollinger
www.gsxn.com