2003 Radio code ?

Old April 4th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default 2003 Radio code ?

I know this has come up here before, but I didn't have a Miata with a
Mazda radio in it. I just bought a 2003 Garnet Red LE and the clown that
turned it in to be sold, did not leave the Owners Manual or the radio
code in the car!! (The D/S ! ) Anyhow, I know there is a way to get
the code, or over-ride it so I can undue the battery and not loose the
radio.
Help please, :-)

Bruce RED '91 & Bing my 2003 G/R, LE

Old April 4th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Thanks for the reply :-)
I don't know. Did they stop the code for Miatas then? Anyone know for
sure ???

Thanks again.

Bruce '03 Garnet (just sold my '91)

Old April 4th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

(BRUCE HASKIN) wrote in
:

> I don't know. Did they stop the code for Miatas then? Anyone know
> for sure ???

I don't know what year they stopped, but someone here will.

Old April 5th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Not all vehicles have codes. If yours has one do the following:

1 - Radio off, key in the acc positon

2 - Press Auto-M and channel preset button 6 at the same time until
"code" shows on the display

3 - Press the Auto-m and channel preset button 6 again while "code" is
showing on the display

4 - If the code has been set on the unit, use the channel preset
buttons to enter the old code.

5 - press Auto-m and the channel preset until "code" appersfour bars
should show up. That will clear the old code.

If the old code has not been set, steps 1, 2, and 3 are the same, the
code that you enter will be the new code.

Old April 5th 06, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Thanks for the info. on the radio codes. I made a copy just incase I
need it.

Bruce '03 Garnet Red LE