ALTERNATOR

Old July 17th 05, 05:59 PM
curbrider

Default ALTERNATOR

91 JEEP CHEROKEE REPLACED ALTERNATOR AND NOW IT OVER CHARGES THE VOLT METER
IS AT 18 BATTERY DOES'NT GET HOT I CHECKED WIRES FOR CUTS ANY HELP WELCOME
THANKS

Old July 17th 05, 09:11 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Your vote meter is wrong. If it's an amp meter the battery needs to
be charged or replaced.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 17th 05, 09:55 PM
Jerry Bransford

Does the new alternator have a built-in voltage regulator? Some don't
since some regulators are mounted externally and not part of the
alternator itself. It kind of sounds like there is no voltage regulator
present.

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old July 17th 05, 11:45 PM
Coasty

As Bill has suggested check both the voltage and amps with a good known
meter if all is well with the external meters replace the ones in the dash
or get an external set. Your 91 has an external voltage regulator according
to my manual if your system is over charging replace it. The key here is
that the battery is not getting hot so more than likely it is the gauges as
Bill has said.
--
Coasty
SEMPER PARATUS

Remove The SPOOGE To Reply
"curbrider" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> 91 JEEP CHEROKEE REPLACED ALTERNATOR AND NOW IT OVER CHARGES THE VOLT
> METER
> IS AT 18 BATTERY DOES'NT GET HOT I CHECKED WIRES FOR CUTS ANY HELP WELCOME
> THANKS

Re(2): Jeep alternator Daniel J. Stern Technology 12 March 4th 05 09:29 PM
Alternator woes Mike VW water cooled 4 February 8th 05 11:55 PM
alternator circuit question Jon G. Chrysler 84 December 26th 04 02:13 PM
My alternator problems are driving me crazy! Please some help here. Raven Saturn 6 August 22nd 04 12:19 AM