best steering wheel

Old June 29th 05, 12:22 AM
Andy Bolt

Default best steering wheel

hi pound for pound what do you think is the best value steering wheel and
pedals for pc games?

Thanks Andy

Old June 29th 05, 12:25 AM
mjones53

for the money, the logitech driving force pro PS2 wheel.
I've had most every PC wheel out there and this one is the best. IMOP

Old June 29th 05, 01:46 AM
Chad Rogers

ECCI wheels are in a class totally by themselves. They cost a bunch, but
are a piece of engineering compared to what I would call toys for the rest.
TSW also makes a nice wheel and it's a step up from the plastic stuff in the
stores.

Chad

Old June 30th 05, 07:41 PM
Larry

I still think the MSFFW.

I've gone away from it several times and tried various Logitech and other
wheels, but I keep putting the MSFFW back on the desk. Ever time.

-Larry

Old June 30th 05, 09:58 PM

I really used to like my ActLabs RS Force. I had to modify the
original pedals, and they still weren't all that great, but I really
liked the wheel. Then they came out with the performance pedals, which
I thought were a big improvement. Unfortunately, the USB version of
the "engine" (which I have to use under WinXP) is total ****.

I haven't looked in well over a year, does anyone know if they did
anything for it?

Thanks,
Gerald

Old July 1st 05, 07:01 AM
Daniel Flinkmann

Andy Bolt wrote:

> hi pound for pound what do you think is the best value steering wheel and
> pedals for pc games?

Hi Andy,

I you can afford a Logitech Driving Force Pro, its really a great wheel with
its very high precision wheel sensors (Optical similiar to the good old
microsoft wheels) plus a very solid feel and material usage.
It costs around 110 US$/ 100 Euro street price.

If thats too expensive try a used but good looking MS Wheel from Ebay.

Daniel
Old July 1st 05, 02:35 PM
Plowboy

Mee tooo Larry, they are pretty damn good wheels. In fact I bought a spare
just as 'reports' were being posted around that MS quit making them, back
when... Thnk Gawd too, I have found NOTHING to compare them too. I almost
bought one of those Logitech driving force Pro if nothing else but the
excuse "for the kid' and his playstation. but I couldnt do it, hehhee

TO the guy who likes the ECCI pound for pound value wise, I got some stuff I
would like to sell ya... $1200 ecci vs $100-150 retail (I paid $40 for one
of mine, I think 60 for the newer one) you just cannot beat them. there is
no comparision, now I admit I would love the new pedals for my MS wheel, but
sitting on the kitchen chair I use at the desk, I doubt I would be as
comfortable...

Larry enlightened us with:

Old July 2nd 05, 01:29 AM
John Smith

I am on my second MSFF wheel. They are great wheels except for the rubber
grips.

Old July 3rd 05, 12:21 AM

Is that the newer engine cartridge? For some stupid reason they
apparently "upgraded" the engine late in the production. Wheel
resolution was cut by over 10x, IIRC. One of the reasons they died, in
my opinion (you should have seen the complaints on the AL forums).
Real shame, too - I have an early AL wheel/shifter and I love it (apart
from the pedals - I use a set of TM pedals instead).
I'm still looking out for a USB GPL shifter to pick up so I can get a
Logitech DFP.

Kendt

Old July 5th 05, 07:06 PM
Larry

What happened to these guys ?

They were the hot poopie for a while there, and then seem to fade out from
existance.

If I recall, the not-so-quailty construction of their 'high-end' pedal set
didn't help them any.

-Larry

oups.com...