rec.autos.driving scheduled for sporge flood

Old August 9th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

Default rec.autos.driving scheduled for sporge flood

Sporge flooding of rec.autos.driving will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.autos.driving useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

https://www.supernews.com/signup

--
It commenced, you characterized, yet Ismat never poorly shuted past the corner.
Old August 9th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
bernard farquart

> wrote in message
> Sporge flooding of rec.autos.driving will commence in a few hours.
>
> This will render rec.autos.driving useless. For an example, see
> Sci.Crypt.
>
> Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
> experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!
>
> https://www.spammernews.com/signup

Does this really say they will ruin this newsgroup for you unless
you sign up for thier service?

Odd marketing indeed.

"We take something free, and charge you for it."

Nice.

Bernard

Old August 9th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Alex

On Aug 9, 12:56 am, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:

> They don't say THEY will ruin it. In fact, we have no evidence that
> THEY (SuperNews) is saying anything at all in that post.
>
> As a satisfied SuperNews subscriber for several years now, I can
> personally attest to the fact that they DO filter out certain types of
> annoyances from their servers. For example, anything by Carl Troller
> is automatically filtered out. That feature alone is worth signing up
> for.
>
> FWIW, I never saw the original post in this thread. Perhaps SuperNews
> detected it as sporgery SPAM and filtered it out?

They've spammed multiple newsgroups with that message. That alone is
reason
not to use their service.
------------------------
Alex

Old August 9th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> Alex > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >On Aug 9, 12:56 am, Scott en Aztlán > wrote:
> >
> >> They don't say THEY will ruin it. In fact, we have no evidence that
> >> THEY (SuperNews) is saying anything at all in that post.

> >They've spammed multiple newsgroups with that message. That alone is
> >reason not to use their service.

> What evidence do you have that that post came from SuperNews'
> management?

Here are the full headers of the original post, and it doesn't appear that
the original post actually originates from Supernews anywhere along the way.

[begin quoted post headers]

From: ing
Newsgroups: rec.autos.driving
Subject: rec.autos.driving scheduled for sporge flood
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 02:18:50 GMT
p44d1bfbfff000000248df95ad181271a300a868b5f1cf51f0 0647402aeeb67e9.newsdawg.c
om

[end quoted post headers]

Also, I only quoted the headers because the post itself has already been
quoted once already.