Ford & Mustang fans, we need your support in convincing Ford..

Old May 31st 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Ford & Mustang fans, we need your support in convincing Ford..

Please vote in the poll at http://www.fordmuscle.com
The results will be submitted to the Ford Motor Company

more information:

Dear Ford enthusiast,

As many of you are already aware Ford Motor Company, through the
law-firm
Howard,Phillips and Andersen, has recently initiated an effort to crack
down on trademark infringement of Ford and their brand names. While we
support the efforts to uphold Ford's trademarks and take action against
those who use them negatively, many legitimate businesses, clubs,
magazines and
enthusiast websites have been sent letters asking them to not only
discontinue use of the name, but to also pay exorbitant damages and
turn-over their URLs and other business property. For many companies,
some
which have been in business since the Ford Mustang was introduced in
the
60's, this could essentially mean going out of business.

FordMuscle Magazine is championing a cause to make Ford aware that
these
broadly-sweeping and harsh legal efforts against companies which
support,
and have helped build the loyaly around Ford and Ford vehicles, are
ultimately damaging theirPR and Marketing efforts.

As loyal Ford fans and customers of these legitimate businesses we ask
that you help our efforts to ask Ford Motor Company for a more fair and
equitable solution to meet their needs and keep the companies in
business.

Please visit the following page on FordMuscle.com and submit your
comments. All well-written and non-malicious comments will be sent to
several key contacts within Ford Motor Company.

http://www.fordmuscle.com/blog/help-...ce-ford/112105

Thanks for your support.
Chirag Asaravala & Jon Mikelonis
FordMuscle Magazine
www.fordmuscle.com

Old May 31st 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ford should look at Chrysler for guidance on this. They did the same
thing to their enthusiasts. Magazine name changes or they just stopped
publishing. All it did for Chrysler was alienate a very large base of
loyal fans. It took them 10 year to reliaze ther mistake, and join
forces with enthusiasts, after all we are a great advertising tool.

So the person responsible for this crack down must be just a tool.

Shawn

Old June 1st 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Laywers are ruining the world.

oups.com...

Old June 10th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I wonder if this has anything to do with Shelby? Did Chrysler happen to try
this when Carrol was with them? If so I suspect Shelby may really be the
driving force behind this as this includes the names "Shelby" and "Cobra".