02 Town and Country -power doors

Old September 8th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
chris ernst

Default 02 Town and Country -power doors

i have an 02 town and country with power sliding door and trunk.... the
power door when you hit the button just pops out and does not slide back.
We have to manually slide it back and when its back and we hit the button it
works and closes. Then if we hit the button again it will work fine. When
we go to use it later it does the same thing. Did anyone experience this
before?

Old September 8th 08, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Art[_1_]

First look for soft drink residue.

Old September 8th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower[_2_]

"chris ernst" > wrote in message
> i have an 02 town and country with power sliding door and trunk.... the
> power door when you hit the button just pops out and does not slide back.
> We have to manually slide it back and when its back and we hit the button

it
> works and closes. Then if we hit the button again it will work fine.

When
> we go to use it later it does the same thing. Did anyone experience this
> before?

The power sliding door has a broken wire in the track harness. disconnect
both connectors and use an ohm meter to see what wire is broken. I would bet
it is the black/red tracer ground wire

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old January 29th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Allen[_3_]

Default 2002 Chrysler Town & Country: power doors problem

I also have a '02 Town and Country with door problems. Sometimes the
right sliding door won't close, either by power or manually. It seems to
hit something just before it gets closed. After a few tries it will
close. I have looked at the tracks and everywhere I can see trying to
find and obstruction, but I don't see anything. Sometimes it works just
fine. Also, the power rear hatch won't open with the remote when it is
cold.

--
Allen
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old March 15th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
garylkendall[_2_]

i have a 2002 town & country lx. my passenger side sliding door will not
close 50% of the time. it opens every time, sometimes it will not close
when i push the button, any of the buttons. when i push the button it
will make a buzzing noise than a clicking sound and the door will not
close. if i close it manually it will open when i bush the button and it
will usually close when i push the button again. i tried ohming out the
wire in the track like it said to on another post, all wires ohm out to
0. any one have a solution to this problem?

--
garylkendall
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com