What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 31st 05, 04:31 AM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
k.net:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>
>> Maybe he's an old fart and no longer has the reflexes to drive at
>> speed,and
>> compensates with stubbornness.

> You're older than me, Jim. But if someone is trying to push me into
> doing something dangerous that I don't want to do, you can bet dollars
> to donuts I'm stubborn. Tell me you aren't the same.

But LLBing -IS- "doing something dangerous",and that is exactly what you
are doing by not STKR. Blocking faster traffic IS LLBing,undesirable,and
creating a worse hazard than "speeding".

The real key is,in your own words "that I don't want to do".
You're gonna do what you want regardless of what's right,the law,or just
courtesy.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:33 AM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
k.net:

> "Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
>> Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
>>
>>> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
>>> .. .

>>> You're older than me, Jim. But if someone is trying to push me into
>>> doing something dangerous that I don't want to do, you can bet
>>> dollars to donuts I'm stubborn. Tell me you aren't the same.

>> I dunno about you, but if I'm in the passing lane and getting
>> "pushed" I move right at the earliest opportunity. Not only is it
>> the courteous thing to do, and I'd appreciate the same treatment from
>> other drivers, but it's also usually a cop doing the "pushing." :/
>> Don't wanna **** 'em off, ya know.

> Why should I be courteous to someone who is being rude to me,

They are responding to YOUR being rude in LLBing.

> not to
> mention endangering my safety out of impatience?

It's not impatience,they have STKR which -you- are NOT following,thus YOU
are the rude one.

"SLOWER traffic keep right".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:38 AM
Jim Yanik

Big Bill > wrote in
:

> On 30 Mar 2005 16:03:52 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>Big Bill > wrote in
>>news >>

>>> Again, this is a case of, "If you make me alter my speed, you're a
>>> MFFY driver. But if I make you alter yours, that's the natural order
>>> of things."
>>>

>>No,because STKR clearly gives FASTER traffic priority in passing over
>>slower.

> Faster than what? Passing traffic, or passed traffic?
> It's undefined.

No,it's not.Faster than what they're trying to pass.
(why would one have priority over traffic they've already passed????)

Being in the passing lane is NOT an exclusion to STKR.
That is what an LLB is!! A slower vehicle holding up faster traffic,*in
violation of STKR*.

You're just playing dumb to create an excuse for not doing the right thing.
I know you really are not this stupid.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:45 AM
Jim Yanik

Big Bill > wrote in
:

> On 30 Mar 2005 16:06:14 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>
>>Big Bill > wrote in
>>news >>

>>> Again, this is a case of, "If you make me alter my speed, you're a
>>> MFFY driver. But if I make you alter yours, that's the natural order
>>> of things."
>>>

>>No,because STKR clearly gives FASTER traffic priority in passing over
>>slower.

> I don't think so. I think "slower" is undefined.

LLBing is;a SLOWER vehicle blocking FASTER traffic from passing in the
passing lane.

I KNOW you are not stupid.

>>*Violating* STKR by making faster traffic slow because slower traffic
>>will not yield is breaking the rules;putting you in the wrong,thus
>>MFFY behavior.

> You're really getting good at defining yourself as a MFFY driver.
> You want everyone else to obey rules while you blatently violate them.
> True MFFY driving.

STKR is not limited by posted speed limits.It has no reference to posted
speed limits.In some states,the law specifically says speed limits do not
nullify STKR(by permitting police to cite violators of STKR even if the
blocked traffic is "speeding".).States are recognizing that your LLBing is
more dangerous than so-called "speeding".Police already know this.
When are you going to recognize it?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:50 AM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
k.net:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:26:18 GMT, Arif Khokar >
>> wrote:

>>>So you don't check more than 40 feet behind you before you pull out
>>>to pass?

> 1/4, just like I said originally. 40'? You just pulled that number
> out of your arse, didn't you Arif? Because I never wrote it.

>>>Your [lack of] hurry isn't supposed to be their problem either.

> I can't control what constitutes hurry for them now can I? Any more
> than they can control my lack of hurry.

>>>Why do they have to wait for you to complete your pass when you could
>>>have easily waited for them to pass first.

> Because, as I originally stated last week and you forgot, when I
> started my opass the lane was clear for at least 1/4 back.
>
>> Me First, **** You.

> Actullay, the driver doing 90 and expecting traffic doing 70 to part
> before him like he was Moses parting the Red Sea is MFFY.
>
>> Despite the fact that traffic entering a lane is required by law to
>> yield to traffic already in the lane, MFFYs say "tough ****, you'll
>> just have to slow down for me."

> Like I told Arif, Scott, you forgot my original scenario. The
> approaching,, speeding car was more than or at least 1/4 mile behind
> me when I started my pass. But you are right in one respect: he'll
> have to wait. If he was doing even 80 he wouldn't have to slow down
> at all. But there's no law or rule of etiquette that says traffic
> bullies always have the right of way.

But STKR does.

>And someone doing 90 when the
> speed limit is 65 and surround traffic is doing 70 is a TB.

No,they are just speeders as defined by law.
There are LEOs who enforce those limits(or not);let them do it.
It isn't your job.

> Bullies all get the same response from me: "Kiss my arse; you ain't
> gonna do nothing to me." And they never have.

Once again,expecting others to follow STKR is NOT bullying.
Being blocked by LLB's is not bullying.
Speeding is not "bullying".

From all your posts,you are just another wanna-be traffic "enforcer".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:54 AM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
.net:

> "Big Bill" > wrote in message
>
>> This has nothing to do with STKR; instead, it's "I'm important; don't
>> make me slow down or change lanes. It's just too much like work. I'm
>> above that whole 'traffic' thing."

> Isn't that what the traffic bully is saying when he tries to force

They are not forcing,STKR means you are expected to stay out of their way.
Otherwise,you are LLBing.
That's what STKR means.

The real bully is the one blocking faster traffic. The LLB.
They KNOW they are not supposed to block,but they do it anyways.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:58 AM
Jim Yanik

Big Bill > wrote in
news
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:39:33 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>Big Bill wrote:
>>
>>> Again, this is a case of, "If you make me alter my speed, you're a
>>> MFFY driver. But if I make you alter yours, that's the natural order
>>> of things."

>>If you're changing lanes, merging, or pulling out from a side street,,
>>the MFFY designation does not apply to traffic that already has the
>>right of way.
>>
>>Now on to Bill's inevitable nonsequitur response(s) ...

> You're another who's good at defining himself as a MFFY driver.
> Everyone should obey the rules, as long as they benefit you.
> If I'm in trqaffic, and there's room to do so, I can change lanes.
> It's perfectly legal.

Not if you're blocking faster traffic in the passing lane.
(not on city streets;STKR is not posted there)

> Of course, since that may impede *your* movement, it's MFFY.

That's what STKR means.
"SLOWER traffic keep right" (to allow FASTER traffic to pass!!)

Intended to prevent LLBers like you.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 04:59 AM
Jim Yanik

"Bernard farquart" > wrote in

> "Big Bill" > wrote in message
> news >
>> If I'm in trqaffic, and there's room to do so, I can change lanes.
>> It's perfectly legal.
>> Of course, since that may impede *your* movement, it's MFFY.
>>

> If you pull in front of an oncoming car, depending on distance you
> may be failing to yeild to the other car's right of way.
>
> That is MFFY behaviour.
>
> You are a MFFY driver from your own descriptions.
>

> Bernard

They know they are LLBers and MFFY drivers.
They are just trying to rationalize it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 10:02 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

Of course, there is a sizeable percentage who are
> like Skip and pull out on purpose because they don't give a ****.

You must have pulled this assumption out of your arse, Scott.

And
> then there are the control freak types who do it on purpose because
> they get off on making other people slow down.

And then there are those traffic bullies who check to see the race/gender of
the driver in their way so they can call them by the appropriate
racist/sexist name.