Car doesn't heat up

Old March 17th 05, 08:38 PM
Sean Kirby

Default Car doesn't heat up

I have a 98 Ford Explorer XLT, 5.0L AWD. Sometimes, but not always, the car
just doesn't heat up. When it doesn't heat up I obviously have no heat.
The temperature gauge doesn't show the car heating up at all. But sometimes
it does heat up, however when this happens I have too much heat coming out
of the heater. I can't seem to turn the heater setting down and usually end
up turning the heater off and on to control how hot it gets in the car. Any
ideas.
--sean.

Old March 18th 05, 03:06 AM
Big Shoe

Sounds like a bad thermostat to me, sticking open and closed. Better
get it replaced, flush the cooling system and add new anti-freeze.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:38:23 -0500, "Sean Kirby"