How the hell do you remove the rear rotors on a 300m ?

Old March 18th 09, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default How the hell do you remove the rear rotors on a 300m ?

I've banged the hell out of these rotors with a hammer, but they're
rust-locked onto the rear hubs.

What do I do - get a bigger hammer? A huge pry-bar?
Old March 18th 09, 09:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

MoPar Man wrote:
> I've banged the hell out of these rotors with a hammer, but they're
> rust-locked onto the rear hubs.
>
> What do I do - get a bigger hammer? A huge pry-bar?

Lots of P-B Blaster and - yes - a bigger hammer. You did remove the
tinnerman's nuts from two of the lugs (if they're still there)?

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 18th 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

Bill Putney wrote:
> MoPar Man wrote:
>> I've banged the hell out of these rotors with a hammer, but they're
>> rust-locked onto the rear hubs.
>> What do I do - get a bigger hammer? A huge pry-bar?

> Lots of P-B Blaster and - yes - a bigger hammer. You did remove the
> tinnerman's nuts from two of the lugs (if they're still there)?

Last resort: Replace the hub/bearing assy. too - an easy job and not all
that expensive if it means getting it back on the road or not.

--
Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')
Old March 18th 09, 12:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Bill Putney wrote:

> > What do I do - get a bigger hammer? A huge pry-bar?

> Lots of P-B Blaster and - yes - a bigger hammer. You did
> remove the tinnerman's nuts from two of the lugs (if they're
> still there)?

Yea, I ripped those thin retainers off the lug bolts.

How would they get these off in a shop? Hit them with a pneumatic
chisel?

> Last resort: Replace the hub/bearing assy. too - an easy job
> and not all that expensive if it means getting it back on the
> road or not.

Would it help if I removed the hub/bearing and tried to remove the rotor
on the bench?

Rear Rotors Shagster Audi 0 December 18th 08 01:50 AM
300M How to remove silicone from dash Tim[_4_] Chrysler 9 September 17th 06 03:22 PM
New front rotors for 300m MoPar Man Chrysler 10 October 18th 05 05:37 AM
New rotors/pads for 300m -> suggestions? MoPar Man Chrysler 2 September 30th 05 08:53 AM
How to remove 300M door panel (to access window motor) ? MoPar Man Chrysler 5 April 11th 05 01:16 PM