Homebrew motorcycle question.

Old March 14th 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel Who Wants to Know[_1_]

Default Homebrew motorcycle question.

How hard do you guys think it would be to make a custom motorcycle or trike
Boss Hoss style using a Chrysler FWD drivetrain? I envisioned 2
possibilities: 1. A shaft drive motorcycle using a 3.3 and an A604/41TE or
2. A trike using a 3.3 and a 42LE.

I don't know how hard it would be to either remove/weld the differential
from a 41TE to drive a single shaft or make a custom transfer gear cover
with the shaft attached there.

Old March 16th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling[_3_]

Would it be road-legal?

DAS

---
"Daniel Who Wants to Know" > wrote in
message news:NqHul.610978$yE1.577485@attbi_s21...

Old March 17th 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Daniel Who Wants to Know[_1_]

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Would it be road-legal?
>
> DAS
>
> To send an e-mail directly replace "spam" with "schmetterling"

Hopefully, yes.

Old March 18th 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jerry - OHIO

Just make a trike .I have a Vw powered one and it is a blast to drive.
,there are pics on my web page.
Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

Old March 18th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Jerry - OHIO

Default Hombre motorcycle question.

You can get it titled as 'Home built and use cycle plates. Only problem
I had was finding an insurance company to cover my Rupp with 1500 cc Bug
engine.,it was originally built with a 339 cc snow mobile type engine.