GT Spider??

Old May 13th 04, 09:38 PM
Alfistagj

Default GT Spider??

Hi all,
AutoExpress newsletter mentions a GT Spider to be coming soon.
Anyone seen the magazine yet?
I'm curious because I intend to order my GT this Saturday.
But when the GT Spider is coming shortly................
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

Old May 13th 04, 10:06 PM

The new Spider as shown in magazines here in Greece is simply
AWESOME!!!!

A breed between Alfa and Ferrari..........a lot of common parts with
Brera!!!

Just beauty!!!
Perry

Old May 13th 04, 11:33 PM
Carl Farrington

p wrote:
> The new Spider as shown in magazines here in Greece is simply
> AWESOME!!!!
>
> A breed between Alfa and Ferrari..........a lot of common parts with
> Brera!!!
>
> Just beauty!!!
> Perry

what, the one on this page? (half way down)
http://forums.thecarfanatics.com/ind...?showtopic=470

looks like a Renault to me.

Old May 13th 04, 11:36 PM
George Graves

In article >,
p > wrote:

> The new Spider as shown in magazines here in Greece is simply
> AWESOME!!!!
>
> A breed between Alfa and Ferrari..........a lot of common parts with
> Brera!!!
>
> Just beauty!!!
> Perry

At $80,000 Euros (estimated), it ought to be! But I don't believe that
the 8C Competizione that you are talking about is the Spider that
Alfistagj was asking about. He's talking about (I think) the new Spider
which will replace the current one in the 25,000 - 30,000 Euro price
range.

--
George Graves
------------------
Old May 14th 04, 09:04 AM
George Graves

In article >,
"Carl Farrington" > wrote:

> p wrote:
> > The new Spider as shown in magazines here in Greece is simply
> > AWESOME!!!!
> >
> > A breed between Alfa and Ferrari..........a lot of common parts with
> > Brera!!!
> >
> > Just beauty!!!
> > Perry

> what, the one on this page? (half way down)
> http://forums.thecarfanatics.com/ind...?showtopic=470
>
> looks like a Renault to me.

Yecchh! I hope they don't replace the current Spider with THAT! The
coupe version is not the prettiest car that Alfa ever made, but the
convertible is almost as ugly as the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible -
if that's possible.

--
George Graves
------------------
Old May 14th 04, 10:24 AM
Frank Claasen

Thanx to Photoshop!

Alfa will never put on such an ugly top!

"Carl Farrington" > schreef in bericht

Old May 14th 04, 03:12 PM
Neuropean

On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:38:37 +0200, "Alfistagj"
> wrote:

=>Hi all,
=>AutoExpress newsletter mentions a GT Spider to be coming soon.
=>Anyone seen the magazine yet?
=>I'm curious because I intend to order my GT this Saturday.
=>But when the GT Spider is coming shortly................

Shortly is not exactly true...

A lot of confusion I read in the replying comments....
so...

The GT cabrio is NOT the new Spider.

The GT Cabrio is the Alfa Romeo GT in convertible (soft top) The
photoshop posted in
http://forums.thecarfanatics.com/ind...?showtopic=470 gives an
idea.

The GT Cabrio will be produced from end of 2005 at Bertone's plant

The new Alfa Romeo Spider will be made at the Pininfarina plant from
2006

The new GTV will be basically a Brera with adapted mechanics.
Esthetically, it is the Brera. It will be produced by Italdesign from
June 2006

The 8C Competizione will be produced from end 2004 at Pininfarina

So please dont confuse "Spider" with GT Convertible or with 8C
Competizione convertible

thanks
G.
Neuropean
Old May 14th 04, 06:39 PM
Alfistagj

No Pete, that's the real thing (and it's my own picture site ;-) )
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)
Alfa red 156 SW 1.8 Madeno tuned (2000)
Golden Montreal (1973/4)

"Pete" > schreef in bericht

Old May 14th 04, 06:40 PM
Alfistagj

Carl, agree with you.
If that's it, I'll go for the GT

Old May 14th 04, 06:45 PM
Alfistagj

I know the GT Spider will not be THE Spider, but more a Cabrio/Convertable,
or A Spider.
I guess THE Spider will be a bit too small for us whereas a GT
Spider/Cabrio/Convertable could have been a car for us.
But anyway, the pics I saw now is not a car I would consider, in fact I must
say it's one of the first Alfa's of the last 20 years that I don't even like
from the beginning; maybe different as soon as I have seen more pics or have
seen it in the wild.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)