Birds of a feather

Old March 14th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Birds of a feather

"Lee Ayrton" > wrote in message
: It's the same mechanism as the Jeep Wave. Some Cherokee drivers do it
too.
:
:

Ya know...
THAT is weird, but it's not just the Libertys. it's all things with 7
slots.
I have done it and had it happen. Inevitably there is another (one or more)
Jeep parked next to or in the nearby spaces when I come back out of any
store. It's a noticable grouping.
We joke about "Jeep parking only"

I told a guy that once when I was driving the Mustang. He parked next to
mine and another next to it, I laughed and told him it was "Mustang parking
only" he got all flutterbustered and apologized ans was going to move his
truck. I was laughing when I said it and then realized he took me seriously.
When I told him I was just teasing, he got kinda ****ed off.

The WAVE - I think in Henderson county, I am the only one that waves but
those old farmers will break their goddamn arms waving at my husbands truck.

KJK

Old March 14th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

We had been out caching, it was in the back.
I try to take a jeep pic at each cache we find, logging the visit and all
that.
Gives me something to do.

So... you gonna post those photos when you take em or what?

KJK

"Seahag" > wrote in message
:I love it! And I'm gonna have to start carrying my
: camera...
:
: Seahag
:
: "KJ.Kate" (please ask)> wrote:
: > Went shopping the other day, when I parked Libby was all
: > by herself.
: > When I got back she had some company.
: >
: > www.selby.ws/mallrats.jpg
: >
: > Three others had joined her, looked like girls night out.
: > Mine is the one on
: > the right, in the middle.
: >
: > Funny, I have only noticed this phenomenon with Jeeps and
: > Mustangs
: > others don't seem to gather in herds like this.
: >
: >
: > KJK
: >
: >
:
:

Old March 14th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yah sure...I've been kind of flustered lately, got spring
fever really bad and ended up getting a job with a local
greenhouse by accident. I'm turning into someone new, I'm
actually happy most of the time! Wierd.

Seahag

Old March 14th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Seahag wrote:
> I love it! And I'm gonna have to start carrying my
> camera...

Have camera, will snapshot.

If I _don't_ take my camera with me, I will inevitably miss something.
Old March 14th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Kate:

Heh, heh. That happens all the time with Wranglers.

Tom

Old March 14th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My parking lot philosophy:

I think there are 'car people' and there are 'nots'. The 'nots' park
randomly about the parking lots. The car people naturally gravitate
toward their vehicle of choice, if it is present in the lot. You might
find that _some_ of the 'other brands' parked close by might actually
also be owners of Jeeps, but just not driving it that day.

tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.
Old March 14th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Old March 15th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I ALWAYS look for jeeps to park next to in parking lots,,,, it's just the
right thing to do!

paul

Old March 15th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

paul did pass the time by typing:
> I ALWAYS look for jeeps to park next to in parking lots,,,, it's just the
> right thing to do!

Yep. Parked the ZJ next to two other green ZJ's and when I got back out there
was yet another, but it was a blue ZJ. Hung around a bit to see if one more
would show up but it was getting past my dinnertime.

It's always a hoot when your on the highway and pick up a few other
Jeepers to travel with. Did that a couple years back and it looked
like a photo shoot.

--
DougW

Old March 15th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Here's one to park next to: http://www.billhughes.com/targajeep.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

snow birds! Art McGinn Mazda 5 August 31st 05 05:02 PM
help feather my clutch venom1055 Honda 7 August 20th 05 09:25 AM
Birds in my Jeep TJ?! fray Jeep 22 July 2nd 05 01:58 PM