300M center dash speaker replacement

Old April 19th 05, 04:27 AM
Bunky Monk

Default 300M center dash speaker replacement

We are getting a rattle in the front center dash tweeter in our 300M with Infinity sound system. We have already replaced the two front door speakers. How do you access the center speaker??? Can you lift the top of the dash up? Maybe if we replace enough speakers, we can make it sound as good as our old 96 LHS with the same system. Thanks.Leon

Old April 19th 05, 04:44 PM
Steve

I wonder if there is anyone without problems with their 300m sound system. I also get cracking from some speakers.

Steve

Old April 19th 05, 07:44 PM
Old Car

Yup. I really like the Infinity sound system on my 94 Intrepid. I'll probably take it with me when I sell the car.

Old April 19th 05, 08:12 PM
Art

I have had no problems with my 300M sound system. I consider it the best
I've ever had in a car. Only one Beetle's tune seems to be too much for the
right hand door tweeter and I suspect it is just one bad CD.

Old April 19th 05, 08:57 PM
Art

We had a 94 LHS with the infinity and it sounded awful. Plus the door
panels constantly vibrated from the speakers. Our 300M sound system is much
better. But the rear seats in the LHS could not be beat.

Old April 20th 05, 07:18 PM
JR

Hmm, I have a 300M with Infinity speakers !

They sound really good to my ears, tons of bass. Actually I had to turn the
bass down a little (and the treble up) to get the best overall sound. I like
it!

JimR

ink.net...

Old April 20th 05, 10:03 PM
Old Car

There were different Infinity systems available back then. The best one had
the electronics that gave the "concert hall" effect. Which one did you have?

I get many compliments about the Infinity system in my 94 Intrepid. The
only problem I have is that I have the PHP (Performance Handling Package)
which allows excessive road noise to enter the cabin.

ink.net...

Old April 23rd 05, 04:32 PM
mic canic

the top dash panel just snaps into place get your fingers under the
lip and pop it up