Radiator Fan Problems on a 1994 Saturn SL1 SOHC

Old June 17th 04, 05:47 AM
Lane

I'd only worry if it goes into the red (upper 1/8 of the gauge, if I recall
correctly) and stays there. Normal operating temperature is half to 3/4.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www57.pair.com/lane

lkaboutautos.com...

Old June 18th 04, 02:48 AM
James1549

The fan will not come on until the gauge is on or near the 3/4 mark.

When I am not using the AC and get in stuck traffic, or going through a slow
fast food drive-thru, I always turn the AC on for about 5 seconds and then
off. Doing that will turn on the radiator fan for about 4 minutes keeping the
car very cool under the hood.

James
Old June 24th 04, 01:36 AM
Matt hotmail

Mine started to do that and then I found a crack in the plastic part of the
radiator on the driver side. Take a look at the plastic. Good luck.

Old July 2nd 04, 08:36 PM
rgar98

I had a similar problem. The fault was with the the engine coolant sensor
that screws into the block (Is that what you're calling the "switch?"). At
first I had the wrong one. When I started the car the low coolant
indicator was always on. When I went back to NAPA we found that there are
other sensors that may look similar but have different electrical
characteristics (different temp. range???) that work.

R. Garcia