Honda Civic 2000, 109k miles. check engine light on, shakes, runs rough, loudly when i accelerate

Old January 29th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Apala Man

Default Honda Civic 2000, 109k miles. check engine light on, shakes, runs rough, loudly when i accelerate

My Honda Civic year 2000 is behaving very strangely. Yesterday i bought
full
tank of gas and I parked it. I drove it like 3hrs later and it started run
rough and lose acceleration, shakes when i accelerate and then the "check
engine light" then came on. I took it back home and left it till today, and
then I started it and drive for about 20 miles and it still doing the same
thing. what should I do.

Old January 29th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
corning_d3[_21_]

Since it only did it after the tank of fuel(I'm assuming) I would say
you got a bad dose of gasoline. If a bottle of HEET doesn't fix it,
assuming there's water in the tank, you may have to drop the tank. It
could be trash, also. Either way, it'd be a real good idea to replace
the fuel filter AFTER you get the bad fuel out of the tank.

--
corning_d3
corning_d3's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=373828

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old January 29th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"Apala Man" > wrote in message
> My Honda Civic year 2000 is behaving very strangely. Yesterday i bought
> full
> tank of gas and I parked it. I drove it like 3hrs later and it started run
> rough and lose acceleration, shakes when i accelerate and then the "check
> engine light" then came on. I took it back home and left it till today,
> and
> then I started it and drive for about 20 miles and it still doing the same
> thing. what should I do.

See my reply in news:alt.autos.honda and learn how to properly cross-post.

Old January 29th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nasty

Apala Man wrote:
> My Honda Civic year 2000 is behaving very strangely. Yesterday i bought
> full
> tank of gas and I parked it. I drove it like 3hrs later and it started run
> rough and lose acceleration, shakes when i accelerate and then the "check
> engine light" then came on. I took it back home and left it till today, and
> then I started it and drive for about 20 miles and it still doing the same
> thing. what should I do.

Have it checked out?
Old January 29th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Apala Man wrote:
> My Honda Civic year 2000 is behaving very strangely. Yesterday i bought
> full
> tank of gas and I parked it. I drove it like 3hrs later and it started run
> rough and lose acceleration, shakes when i accelerate and then the "check
> engine light" then came on. I took it back home and left it till today, and
> then I started it and drive for about 20 miles and it still doing the same
> thing. what should I do.

====================================

YOu need the code read (for free, write it down) and meantime you should
put a bottle of gas line antifreeze in the tank to absorb some of the
moisture that's getting trapped in your fuel filter. You didn't mention
if you're in a cold climate. Same answer.

A tank of Gasohol next time might help clear it up too.

'Curly'
Old February 1st 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
alfonso2501

If you ask the kid behind the counter at auto-zone nicely, they’ll pull
the code for you. Just remember to write it down.

--
alfonso2501
alfonso2501's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=88636