Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers?

Old July 19th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Stormin Mormon

Default Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers?

Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
| | | | | | | | | | |
^

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"dirtbag" > wrote in message
I'm a 55 year old mechanical engineer interested in a retirement
career to
earn a couple of extra bucks.
I have always been interested in locksmithing and in fact over the
years
have learned how lockas work, how to to pick, code and decode
cylinders
and even pick GM sidebar locks, albeit with variable results. I'm no
Hank
Spicer!!

However, I look at locksmithing in the current times as a dead trade
inhabited with lower class people who have little skills, love for the
trade but simple people who want to make a buck.

I went to a trade show last year (MLNJ) and it was filled with smelly,
slimy, moronic people who claimed to be smiths'.

Seriously the stench in the convention center was so bad I had to walk
outside every 10 minutes or so to get fresh air.

I also heard from several of the exhibitors there that many items had
been
stolen by attendees.

Pretty sad.

So is this what the trade has become?

Toothless, unclean morons in search of a bar of soap?
Pretty sad.

Old July 19th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Toolman Tim

Stormin Mormon wrote:
> Troll O Meter
>
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
> ^

Exactamungo! You may need to put some negative numbers on that meter and
keep going down <g>