need a bonnet retainer rod thingy

Old August 24th 09, 10:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default need a bonnet retainer rod thingy

hi,

i am practicing "english" as a second lang....'merican is my first.

anyway,
the plastic piece which holds the hood rod on to the car at the front
left headlight is broken and i was wondering if anyone might have a
spare one lying about.

lemme know,
peter in ct
Old August 24th 09, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stuart H.[_3_]

peter wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am practicing "english" as a second lang....'merican is my first.
>
> anyway,
> the plastic piece which holds the hood rod on to the car at the front
> left headlight is broken and i was wondering if anyone might have a
> spare one lying about.
>
> lemme know,
> peter in ct

If you are practicing "English", then you refer to the "bonnet" support
rod, the "hood" being that which protects the inside of the motor car
from rain when raised, and is located immediately forward of the boot
lid, and rear wings.

(Tongue stuck firmly in cheek so that I don't get belted with a spanner)

Stuart H.
Expat Englishman.
Old August 25th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

peter > wrote:

> the plastic piece which holds the hood rod on to the car at the front
> left headlight is broken and i was wondering if anyone might have a
> spare one lying about.

I had a broken one but I threw it away, sorry! I got a new one at the
dealer a year or so back and, miraculously, it was very inexpensive.

Call 'em and ask or look he

http://www.miatazone.com/products/HO...1/908-073.html

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old August 25th 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Stuart H." > wrote:

> If you are practicing "English", then you refer to the "bonnet" support
> rod, the "hood" being that which protects the inside of the motor car
> from rain when raised, and is located immediately forward of the boot
> lid, and rear wings.

In college, I worked part-time as a mechanic that specialized in
Jaguars. One customer came in to buy some wheel bearings. When asked if
he needed them installed, he said he had an official shop manual, and
would do it himself.

After a couple of hours, he called. We asked how it was going. He
replied he was doing fine...but was having trouble locating the
knaveplates.

("Knaveplate" was British for "wheel cover." Doing fine, indeed!)

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old August 26th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
johnny p.

"Stuart H." wrote:

> If you are practicing "English", then you refer to the "bonnet" support
> rod, the "hood" being that which protects the inside of the motor car
> from rain when raised, and is located immediately forward of the boot
> lid, and rear wings.
>
> (Tongue stuck firmly in cheek so that I don't get belted with a spanner)
>
> Stuart H.
> Expat Englishman.

DEFINITIONS. (in American English.)

A "bonnet," I know this viscerally, is a kind of hot hot hot pepper in a
restaurant that DON'T YOU EVER, NO NO NO, I SWEAR TO GOD take, on a
"friend's" challenge, to eat one whole, it sets all your innard afire.
And beware your so-called "friends." For they aren't.

A hood beats you up, steals your goods, and sneers at you. All the rest
would be endurable without the sneer.

It's a cruel world, and anyway none of this has anything to do with the
heavenly Miata, long may she wave. How I wish you drunk *******s could
stay on topic.

Sincerely Yours, Johnny
Old August 26th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker[_2_]

The "boot" is, of course, what you get at work in these hard times.

Do women still wear bonnets? Only when riding in roadsters?

miker, skipping to my loo...

Old August 26th 09, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

On Aug 24, 7:25*pm, XS11E > wrote:

> Call 'em and ask or look he
>
> http://www.miatazone.com/products/HO...OD--FRONT/3564...

not what it "clips" into but what is pivets on....

close but i need this
http://www.miatazone.com/products/HO...2/908-074.html

$4 usd for the part, $12 for shipping
i'll check my local dealer

but thanks for the info...now i know what it is callled

peter
Old August 28th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

http://finishlineperformance.com/sto...0&cat=0&page=2

Old August 28th 09, 06:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

correction, this is probably the one that you are you are looking for...
http://finishlineperformance.com/sto...cat=295&page=3

t...

Old August 28th 09, 12:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

On Aug 28, 1:35*am, "Christopher Muto" > wrote:
> http://finishlineperformance.com/sto...uctid=16520&ca....

thats the piece....still gotta call the local dealer.....

thanks,
> > peter in ct

Jeep thingy Paddy's Pig[_2_] Auto Photos 0 August 17th 08 08:55 PM
Rear windshield (hard top) retainer Fadi Jeep 0 September 18th 07 01:02 AM
wrong wheel locking * thingy Jules BMW 3 February 9th 07 09:30 AM
bmw cooling thingy problem Jules BMW 18 July 26th 06 09:38 PM
Lock/Unlock Key Chain "Thingy" not working :) Eric Holt Saturn 1 September 24th 04 01:20 AM