it lives!

Old August 14th 09, 12:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default it lives!

hi,

i have been sporatically posting about my long 95 re-rebuild and
yesterday it fired up with no leaks and went for a ride. there are a
couple minor adjustments, like the head light panels, but it looks
like the super charged 95 m-ed is back on the road.

i have a couple questions tho.
1) there is a wire in the back of the motor where the water temp
sender is, it is black with a blue tracer, which seems to be the
ground for the water temo guage, i can not figure out where it goes
and my temp gauge does not work...any hints?

2) coming out of the charcol canister, there is a solid pipe with a
rubber hose which goes down and towards the back of the car. again, i
dont see where this hose fits, (it reaches the lower a-arm and there
is a hole in the arm but this cant bee where the hose fits, right?

since att stopp ng service,i am using google gourps so please cc me at
pmicaza on my gmail acct until i feel google is reliable accesable
from my computer, (it hasnt been).

tia,
peter in ct

tia,
Old August 15th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

"peter" > wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have been sporatically posting about my long 95 re-rebuild
> and
> yesterday it fired up with no leaks and went for a ride. there
> are a
> couple minor adjustments, like the head light panels, but it
> looks
> like the super charged 95 m-ed is back on the road.

Congrats!

> i have a couple questions tho.
> 1) there is a wire in the back of the motor where the water
> temp
> sender is, it is black with a blue tracer, which seems to be
> the
> ground for the water temo guage, i can not figure out where it
> goes
> and my temp gauge does not work...any hints?

According to the Enthusiasts' Manual, that's the sensor wire, not
the ground, and should end at the instrument panel connector for
the gauge. That should make the gauge work.

> 2) coming out of the charcol canister, there is a solid pipe
> with a
> rubber hose which goes down and towards the back of the car.
> again, i
> dont see where this hose fits, (it reaches the lower a-arm and
> there
> is a hole in the arm but this cant bee where the hose fits,
> right?

That one I cannot help you with - maybe someone else?

> since att stopp ng service,i am using google gourps so please
> cc me at
> pmicaza on my gmail acct until i feel google is reliable
> accesable
> from my computer, (it hasnt been).

Done.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

For the man who lives in his Garage rob Auto Photos 12 January 22nd 09 07:29 PM
68' Bus lives again Dennis[_4_] VW air cooled 1 July 28th 08 07:17 AM
After 6 years, it lives again! Anthony W VW air cooled 5 March 30th 06 10:47 PM
GTP Lives!!! Steve Smith Simulators 20 February 14th 05 04:59 AM
351/T5 '65 Mustang lives! B2723m Ford Mustang 5 November 15th 04 04:58 PM