New Audi A3 & phone car kits - help please!

Old August 21st 04, 07:23 PM
Toby

Default New Audi A3 & phone car kits - help please!

Dear All,

I would be grateful if someone more knowledgeable than myself could
give me a few pointers here.

I am informed that the new Audi A3 has what is termed a 'Quadlock'
connector for the stereo (in my case a Symphony II), which has 40-pins.
I would like to put a phone car kit in. In my old car this was fairly
easy and I took power from the lighter socket and ignition sense from
the radio and used the included small speaker. I was also able to put
the mute wire into the back of my stereo.

However, I have been unable to find any details of the wiring for the
Symphony II with this new style connector. Therefore I don't know if
there is an ignition sense wire or whether there are connectors to run
the sound through the car speakers.

I would really appreciate it if anyoneone could shed some light on this
and give me a few tips!

Many thanks,

Toby.

UK audi A6 1.9TDI Rear Caliper Repair Kits Buster Keaton Audi 2 August 1st 04 10:39 AM
Will '96 Audi A6 A/C condensor fit in a '93 Audi 90-S? Ardo Audi 2 July 29th 04 02:17 PM
Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM
Source for Audi parts and independant repair shops? Thundersmash Audi 1 July 5th 04 01:49 PM