2005 GT Search

Old March 1st 05, 09:35 PM
Michael

Default 2005 GT Search

Just looking to see the luck of others looking (owning) a new GT. Live in
Connecticut and we're all stocked up on V6's, and can't get any kind of
response out of the dealers. Any info on good surrounding dealers (tri-state
or so) would be cool also, willing to travel especially with a trip to
Florida coming up the end of March.

Michael

Old March 3rd 05, 05:07 AM
JS

There's a new convertible sitting on the rack at a local (Pittsburgh area)
SVT-certified / Saleen-certified dealership...

I didn't even think they were out yet.

Not sure if it's the GT or the V6, but it looks pretty sweet...

JS

om...

Old March 6th 05, 07:15 AM
Harry Face

No GT's by me in the Chicago suburbs. Lot of base models out in front of
the dealer.

=========
Harryface
=========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE
3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey
_~_~_~300,079 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~
89 Cavalier Z 24 convertible
78 Holiday 88 coupe
68 LeSabre convertible
73 Impala sedan

Old April 27th 05, 01:42 AM
Steve

After searching the internet for 3 1/2 hours and looking through the
inventory of 185+ dealerships across 9 states in the midwest, we ordered our
new GT this afternoon. I found exactly 5 GT's and none with the
options/color we wanted. Also, several had the price marked up. There was
no markup through our dealership and we will have it in about 8 weeks. Ford
is producing just 29% of the Mustangs in GT trim. Good luck.

om...

Old April 27th 05, 01:51 AM
Andrew

There are two new GTs sitting on a Ford lot in Clermont FL that have been
there for well over a month now. (They have that "GTX" package that I
mentioned before)

One of the two looks like dealer installed rice :-( 18" wheels, gold
stripes, and a chrome painted grill insert bleh

Old April 27th 05, 02:15 AM
Big Al

Try eBay. Lots of dealers are listing them.

Al

news

Old April 27th 05, 08:21 PM
John H

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 19:42:46 -0500, "Steve" > wrote:

>After searching the internet for 3 1/2 hours and looking through the
>inventory of 185+ dealerships across 9 states in the midwest, we ordered our
>new GT this afternoon. I found exactly 5 GT's and none with the
>options/color we wanted. Also, several had the price marked up. There was
>no markup through our dealership and we will have it in about 8 weeks. Ford
>is producing just 29% of the Mustangs in GT trim. Good luck.
>

>"Michael" > wrote in message
. com...
>> Just looking to see the luck of others looking (owning) a new GT. Live in
>> Connecticut and we're all stocked up on V6's, and can't get any kind of
>> response out of the dealers. Any info on good surrounding dealers

>(tri-state
>> or so) would be cool also, willing to travel especially with a trip to
>> Florida coming up the end of March.
>>
>> Michael

My local dealer, Sheehy Ford of Springfield, has a red GT, auto, no boom box,
for $34,995, It's *used*! The dealership got it at auction, where they paid
about $2k over MSRP, and now they're selling it (with 107 miles) for about $5k
over MSRP.

Makes me feel better and better about my $1K over sticker deal. I told the sales
guy if he could get $40K for one with the boom box and a manual transmission to
give me a call!
--
John H