147 - passenger air bag cover - how to remove..?

Old September 16th 04, 10:14 PM
simon

Default 147 - passenger air bag cover - how to remove..?

I've got a rattle inmy dash - think it comes from behind the passenger
airbag cover.
how does one get the cover off?

SS.

Old September 16th 04, 10:27 PM
Alfistagj

Not something loose in your clove compartment??
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"simon" > schreef in bericht

Old September 17th 04, 06:34 AM
simon

no - I've emptied it to be sure...

Old September 17th 04, 08:56 AM
Halmyre

simon wrote:
> I've got a rattle inmy dash - think it comes from behind the passenger
> airbag cover.
> how does one get the cover off?
>
> SS.

I think you'll find driving into a brick wall at around 30mph does the
trick...

Halmyre

Old September 17th 04, 05:11 PM
Ex Alfa Adam

> I've got a rattle inmy dash - think it comes from behind the passenger
> airbag cover.
> how does one get the cover off?

Leave the cover alone - access the rear of the a/b area by undoing any
covers from under the footwell. (Yes, you will have to sit in your seat the
'wrong way' with your feet on the car roof - remove your shoes to ensure it
stays clean) It will be awkward but if you don't feel like it, you could
always pay the main dealers.....

Don't even think of opening the a/b unit - you'll invalidate warranties and
buying a new one will cost a packet - even then it probably won't match
properly.

Leave the a/b plugged in a well - don't unplug it as the vehicle a/b system
may need a 'reset' if it has been unplugged. (Main dealer!)

Adam H

Old September 17th 04, 05:56 PM
simon

"I think you'll find driving into a brick wall at around 30mph does the
trick..."
I asked for that didn't I....

SS

Old September 28th 04, 11:09 AM

"simon" > wrote in message >...
> I've got a rattle inmy dash - think it comes from behind the passenger
> airbag cover.
> how does one get the cover off?
>
> SS.

Hi Simon,
The rattle may be your girl friends false teeth, fill her mouth with
cotton wool, and I would leave the bag over her head if I were you.
For Gods sake don't remove it. John.
Old September 28th 04, 10:10 PM
Ppelectron

>> I've got a rattle inmy dash - think it comes from behind the passenger
>> airbag cover.
>> how does one get the cover off?

Don't touch it. It's a job for the dealer for sure. Air bags are dangerous.
Old September 29th 04, 06:43 PM
Ex Alfa Adam

> >> I've got a rattle inmy dash - think it comes from behind the passenger
> >> airbag cover.
> >> how does one get the cover off?

> Don't touch it. It's a job for the dealer for sure. Air bags are

dangerous.

Sort of agree - just leave it or find a way to get back to behind the air
bag module itself - don't even think about opening the A/B cover.

Adam H

How to remove driver side wing mirror campbed Alfa Romeo 1 September 15th 04 01:08 PM
Breakdown cover NC Alfa Romeo 4 June 18th 04 02:13 PM
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate ( Looking for Passenger Seat Belt Assembly) Phil Nolan Alfa Romeo 1 June 4th 04 01:03 PM
remove ignition switch on 92 spider voloce? ody Alfa Romeo 0 May 3rd 04 10:36 PM