91 Stealth SRS Warning Light

Old June 11th 05, 02:05 AM
Kelvis

Default 91 Stealth SRS Warning Light

I have a 91 Stealth ES that has the SRS warning light lit. I have
checked the front impact sensors according to the service manual and
they show the required 2000 ohms per sensor. The clockspring was
tested and shows proper continuity. I obtained another control module
and swapped it out with the hopes that it was the module. The light
is still on. Is there a way to get an error code to aid in diagnosing
the problem. Also how is the SRS light reset?

Old July 6th 05, 12:36 AM
LordWarlock

"" wrote:
> I have a 91 Stealth ES that has the SRS warning light lit. I
> have
> checked the front impact sensors according to the service
> manual and
> they show the required 2000 ohms per sensor. The clockspring
> was
> tested and shows proper continuity. I obtained another
> control module
> and swapped it out with the hopes that it was the module. The
> light
> is still on. Is there a way to get an error code to aid in
> diagnosing
> the problem. Also how is the SRS light reset?

The SRS light needs to be reset at the dealer. They use a special
electronic doodad to reset the light. I’ve watched them do it from
under the dash in about 10 minutes. If you find a decent dealership
to work with. You can take it to either dodge or mitsubishi, but
Mitsu probably has more recent exp with it than the mopar dealers.
The SRS light will kick on if you let a battery die completely before
replacing it. I’ve had it do that twice on me, and mine still glows
as well, but only because I won’t return to the dealer anymore.

The SRS is the airbag indicator. All it does is irritate you. Some
people even remove the bulb to ignore the problem. The airbag will
still deploy, as evidenced by several members at the stealth 3000GT
owners club will attest to. (www.3si.org)

It doesn’t cost much if they do charge you for it, 60 bucks or so, but
i’ve got them to do me for free before.

Lord Warlock

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-91-S...ict124019.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=622250