Vote on New Audis' Styling

Old May 14th 06, 10:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Vote on New Audis' Styling

TonyKiz wrote:
> It's obvious that there are some strong opinions on the subject. My
> intention was just to get them out in the open rather than tippy-toeing
> around the subject.

It seems to me that you could have done that without insulting other
people. "In denial"? Where the hell do you get off?

--
Mike Smith
Old May 15th 06, 07:26 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

10000000000000 times better than the newer bmw styling! I mean how ugly is
the 6 series!!!!!

MC

. com...

Old May 15th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Mon, 15 May 2006 18:26:02 GMT, Mark C. wrote:

> 10000000000000 times better than the newer bmw styling! I mean how ugly is
> the 6 series!!!!!
>
> MC

You don't like the girly / curly BMW headlights & the squashed grill?
I agree ... the new Audi looks great compared to the new BMW!
Old May 16th 06, 12:58 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

On Sun, 14 May 2006 17:18:15 -0400, Mike Smith wrote:

> It seems to me that you could have done that without insulting other
> people. "In denial"? Where the hell do you get off?

I see nothing insulting in TonyKiz posts. "In denial" are two words
contained within 2 sentences that simply expressed an opinion.
Old May 17th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Touchy, Touchy, Touchy ...

I meant no insult to anyone. I would never insult anyone who loves Audis as
much as I do. I apologize to anyone who thought I was insulting them.

I was merely expressing my opinion that I didn't like to be in a position
where I had to convince myself to love the styling... I thought the styling
should grab me immediately, not have to be something I had to work at.

By the way, I recently saw a Silver A6 in the new style and I have to agree
with an earlier post that it actually looks pretty darn good in that
color -- somehow it just works very well together in Silver.

Anyway, there's no use wasting time sniping at each other -- get out and
Drive!

Never Follow OOOO

Old May 17th 06, 09:45 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

I really like it. I think it took a little while to get used to but it gives
the car some character or makes it more noticeable.

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

Old June 3rd 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

"TonyKiz" > wrote in message
. com...
> OK, I'm ready to open up a very touchy subject, but is it just me or did
> Audi really blow it with their new styling, especially the single-grill
> front-end? Up until this style change-over Audis were absolute perfection
> in
> terms of understated, perfectly harmonious, smooth lines that said
> elegance,
> class, and timeless beauty. I think that the 2004/2005 A8 had reached the
> peak of automobile perfection -- what an incredibly gorgeous car. THEN
> CAME
> THE HORSE-COLLAR GRILL!!!
>
> We went to the Audi dealer looking to trade up from our 2001 Pearl White
> A4
> beauty to an A6. We looked at the latest offering and just couldn't
> stomach
> the styling, so we bought a Certified 2004 A6 2.7T S-line and we love it's
> performance as well as its looks. The styling is just so right and so
> Audi.
>
> What brings the subject to the fore today is that when I was doing a
> 40-mile
> ride on my mountain bike through some of the wealthy Western suburbs of
> Chicago (Chicago is Audi Country), I saw a number of Audis with the new
> style and they simply did nothing for me, they were so Ho-Hum, and I also
> saw a number of ones in the two-grill style, and they were so much more
> distinctive and appealing.
>
> By the way, As far as the other German cars, I think the new VWs look too
> Toyota Corolla-ish, the new BMWs look too Japanese paper-folded, and,
> aside
> from the really ugly Maybachs, only Mercedes Benz has retained it's
> classic
> good looks in its new models, but that's for other forums and other rants.

Are you kidding?

Have you looked at the new G, M and R series?

They compete with the Audi Q7 and Subaru B9 Tribeca for
the title of ugliest vehicles on this planet.

dk

new "S-Audi" High Gas-Prices ? At Least For A Good Cost Solid Silver Audis For Dubai [email protected] Audi 3 February 15th 06 03:21 PM
VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, December 2005 Archie Leach Driving 0 January 1st 06 04:06 PM
FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Forbes Poll. Best SB commercial. Vote for mustang Paul Ford Mustang 5 February 9th 05 11:26 AM
Audis Not Reliable after 100,000 kilometers?? Dan Eilerman Audi 9 August 18th 04 08:28 PM