Test drove 2006 GT

Old August 6th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Josh Thelmack

Default Test drove 2006 GT

Nice ride overall,
noticed some hesitation in first gear, could not peal out, but it bogged Is
there a fix for that?
handling is nice too
it has a real trunk.

any other funnies with the 05, 06, 07 ?s

I have a 93 5.0 supercharged (8#) ex cop car. its getting old.
Guess they put in really stiff springs in the cop cars, it rides *much*
rougher.
still the 93 is quicker off the line than the 06 GT, keene bell has lots of
low end torque.

Old August 6th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Josh Thelmack wrote:
> Nice ride overall,
> noticed some hesitation in first gear, could not peal out, but it bogged Is
> there a fix for that?
> handling is nice too
> it has a real trunk.
>
> any other funnies with the 05, 06, 07 ?s
>

> I have a 93 5.0 supercharged (8#) ex cop car. its getting old.
> Guess they put in really stiff springs in the cop cars, it rides *much*
> rougher.
> still the 93 is quicker off the line than the 06 GT, keene bell has lots of
> low end torque.

I think the newer GTs have traction control and with it engaged it is
hard to get the tires spinning. It can be turned off by the driver, if
desired.
Old August 6th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Ken Zwyers

Plus the tires are brand new. Take off the traction control after a couple
thousand miles, and you'll probably be able to burn some good rubber.

Old August 6th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
.boB[_1_]

Josh Thelmack wrote:

> Nice ride overall,
> noticed some hesitation in first gear, could not peal out, but it bogged Is
> there a fix for that?
> handling is nice too
> it has a real trunk.

Like they said, it has traction control. You can hit a switch and turn it off.
Unfortunately, it doesn't go completely off; it goes down to about 25%. I have not
seen a computer reprogram that changes that. But since I don't own one, I haven't
really looked for it.

--
..boB
Arrived: 2006 FXDI, Red.

Old August 7th 06, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Jeffery Hawlkins

One thing I did not like is the loud mufflers on the car,
I like stealth, toying with the mufflers to make it sound badder than it
is-- is bull****.
Also the traction control was off and it still bogged in first,
heard somewhere there is a kit to fix this, but lost it.
Still thinking about buying one.

Old August 7th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

The throttle body on the new Mustangs is electronic and doesn't relyh on
a cable connected directly to the accelerator pedal. I have read that
this causes some sluggishness in throttle response. There is a fix for
it through reprogramming the computer.

Old August 7th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

Josh Thelmack wrote:
> Nice ride overall,
> noticed some hesitation in first gear, could not peal out, but it bogged Is
> there a fix for that?
> handling is nice too
> it has a real trunk.
>
> any other funnies with the 05, 06, 07 ?s
>

> I have a 93 5.0 supercharged (8#) ex cop car. its getting old.
> Guess they put in really stiff springs in the cop cars, it rides *much*
> rougher.
> still the 93 is quicker off the line than the 06 GT, keene bell has lots of
> low end torque.

The S197's have a torque management system (not to be confused with the
traction control!). It can make it feel sluggish off the line... and
also there is the throttle delay... The fix is to reprogram the car...
you can pick up an SCT X-Cal2 for around $400... Personally I recommend
Lidio from Alternative Auto... Here's his info on reprogramming:
http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...tang_tune.html

Old August 7th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

I agree, The LESS noise the better!!!

There is no upside to changing to a louder exhaust system simply for the
noise.

I'm into all go and as little noise as possible, I have already suffered
irreparable hearing loss damage, I know the value of my hearing.

Learned that as a kid when I doubled my horsepower and halved my noise with
a new engine and a new engine to bumper dual exhaust system, all of a
sudden, I was invisible to all the same cops who used to start looking for
me before they could see me...

reenews.net...

Old August 9th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
karinhall

"My Names Nobody" > wrote in message news:jtOBg.10360$qw5.3936@trnddc06...

>I agree, The LESS noise the better!!!
>
> There is no upside to changing to a louder exhaust system simply for the
> noise.
>
> I'm into all go and as little noise as possible, I have already suffered
> irreparable hearing loss damage, I know the value of my hearing.

Too much LOUD rock?? :-D

> Learned that as a kid when I doubled my horsepower and halved my noise with
> a new engine and a new engine to bumper dual exhaust system, all of a
> sudden, I was invisible to all the same cops who used to start looking for
> me before they could see me...

White or gray car......!

Failed emissions test Matt B. VW water cooled 1 April 10th 06 08:55 AM
OBD emission test question LenS Technology 3 December 30th 04 02:37 AM
Test drove the new S4 sjsturner Audi 0 June 28th 04 06:13 AM
Test drove the new S4 sjsturner Audi 0 June 28th 04 06:12 AM
Test drove the new S4 sjsturner Audi 0 June 28th 04 06:12 AM