Ice/Snow: Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo vs. Nokian Hakka LT's

Old January 2nd 04, 07:04 PM
davefr

Default Ice/Snow: Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo vs. Nokian Hakka LT's

Has anyone used either of these two tires. I can't decide between the
two. I want a tire that I can leave on year round but one that
performs well in ice, snow and rain.

I don't care about off road performance.

I'd also like something that has decent handling/low noise.

Both of these tires are pretty highly rated.

They're for my RAM 2500 4X4.
Old January 3rd 04, 07:16 PM
Larry Greenwood

Fire up your browser and using the google search engine, look for "tires"
and/or goto www.tirerack.com. You should find reviews by people that have
purchased the tires in the past. From there you might get some idea about
the right tire for you.

Larry Greenwood

news

Old January 3rd 04, 07:16 PM
Larry Greenwood

Fire up your browser and using the google search engine, look for "tires"
and/or goto www.tirerack.com. You should find reviews by people that have
purchased the tires in the past. From there you might get some idea about
the right tire for you.

Larry Greenwood

news

Old January 6th 04, 11:58 PM
Ted

I have the revos on my Pathfinder (96) and they have performed pretty well.
I live in Midway Utah (by park city) and we recently got dumped on. They did
very well. Plows don't even hit my street for at least 4 days after and they
did well. I have heard great things about the Nokians also, but I thought
they were mostly for cars?

Old January 6th 04, 11:58 PM
Ted

Old January 11th 04, 06:15 AM
zippy

-
-I don't care about off road performance.
-
-I'd also like something that has decent handling/low noise.
-
-Both of these tires are pretty highly rated.
-
-They're for my RAM 2500 4X4.

I have the Dueler ATs and am in my second winter with them (Toronto
Ontrio Canada), They have been excellent in snow, ice and rain. I
can't remember feeling uncertain about how much control I have, or had
the feeling that I don't really have good traction and that a slide
could start at any minute if I don't drive extra careful.

In other words, I feel vey secure in the traction and handling in the
snow and ice and rain. Uusing 4x4 setting when appropriate of course.

I plan on replacing them with the same tire when they wear out.

Ian