Schumacher Donates 10 Million For Tsunami Aid

Old January 7th 05, 04:10 PM
Joachim Trensz

Jon wrote:
> Most famous sports star pfffttt, 95% of the world has never heard of him.

Maybe, but if it's true it would only prove Dave's statement wrong if there were
any one sports star known to more than 5% of world's human population
Old January 7th 05, 04:39 PM
Fcuk U

Joachim Trensz wrote:
> Jon wrote:
>
>> Most famous sports star pfffttt, 95% of the world has never heard of him.

> Maybe, but if it's true it would only prove Dave's statement wrong if
> there were any one sports star known to more than 5% of world's human
> population

Pele! The fanboy is wrong!!
Old January 8th 05, 12:01 AM
JP

No worries ? I doubt that <g> It's already being reported in some areas.

p.s. yep, corruption is present here, but it's not a systemic, cultural,
accepted way of life as in that part of the world.

"JS" <JensSchumi_not@home> wrote in message
> No need to worry.
> The major charity organisations have direct control up to the receivers.
> It's not like other countries where you have to deliver to the doorstep

and then
> go home w/o possibility of control.
>
> JensSchumi
>
> PS: corruption is also present here but works different.
>
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:58:03 -0600, "JP" > wrote:
>

> > Good job Mitch, not that it'll help though imo; with the widespread
> >corruption in that part of the world, I'd be surprised if a lot of the

aid,
> >especially $, ever gets to where its needed. That, and the various

ethnic
> >groups, tribes, etc use the donated food, etc. as a weapon too, ala

Somalia.

Old January 8th 05, 02:56 AM
Biz

It never fails, if you have people, you have corruption. Corruption is not
immune to any walk of life.

Old January 8th 05, 03:17 AM
JP

No, but institutionalized corruption is. There is a difference ya know.

news

Old January 9th 05, 05:22 AM
JS

Gents,
I should have added some more things in my recent statement.
Not sure if you know but I live in that area, i.e. Malaysia.
Corruption is quite an issue here but unlike Mafia-style it concentrates on
stuff like getting an approval here and there, how to avoid puspakom (Tuev,
MOT,...) once the roadtax has expired too long, avoiding expensive (and time
consuming) summons by road-block contributions.

Jens