05 Sport question

Old July 23rd 05, 08:50 PM
DAVID DRUM

Default 05 Sport question

I have been told 2 things............1. in 05 jeep did not make a Sport
with 1/2 doors. 2. for 06, Jeep is changing the warranty from 7/70
to 3/36.
is this the truth.

david

Old July 24th 05, 12:08 AM
Eric

There won't be an 06 wrangler, or so I'm told. They're waiting a year for
the redesigned 07s. I've also heard the warranty is decreasing for all DC
products from 7/70 to 3/36.

Eric
nk.net...

Old July 24th 05, 02:58 AM
mabar

I doubt that this is correct. I'm pretty sure there will be an '06 Wrangler.
In fact, you can place your order now at your local dealer for an '06 model.

Tom

Old July 24th 05, 10:20 PM
Ruel Smith

> There won't be an 06 wrangler, or so I'm told. They're waiting a year for
> the redesigned 07s. I've also heard the warranty is decreasing for all DC
> products from 7/70 to 3/36.

In an era of 10/100K warranties from Kia, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi, I'd say
that is a big mistake.

Old July 25th 05, 01:33 AM
Eric

Try and find a Kia, Hyundai, or Mitsubishi that can keep up with the most
bare-bone stock TJ on a trail.

Won't happen.

That being said, if a company is so sure of their product, they should be
able to warranty it for 10/100k like those you mentioned...

Eric

Old July 25th 05, 03:59 AM
Ruel Smith

>> In an era of 10/100K warranties from Kia, Hyundai, and Mitsubishi, I'd
>> say that is a big mistake.

> Try and find a Kia, Hyundai, or Mitsubishi that can keep up with the most
> bare-bone stock TJ on a trail.
>
> Won't happen.
>
> That being said, if a company is so sure of their product, they should be
> able to warranty it for 10/100k like those you mentioned...

Well, I was referring to DaimlerChrysler in general, meaning Dodge,
Chrysler, and Jeep brands. Also, most owners of Jeeps will never off-road,
so they may lose quite a bit of business by doing so.

Old July 25th 05, 09:54 AM
TW

Local dealer here (in New Zealand) has told me that new shape Wrangler will
be arriving here in Jan '07. He also said they are bringing in Wrangler
Unlimiteds with four door options in the next 18 months (I am not sure
whether that was the new shape or not, but introduction date suggests it
probably will be).

TW

Old July 25th 05, 12:15 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.billhughes.com/07wrangler.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old July 25th 05, 02:56 PM
Seahag

Eeewwwww! That's not even remotely a 'Real Jeep'!

Seahag

Old July 25th 05, 03:08 PM
IsellJeeps

I believe this is the new 07