Service Engine Soon??

Old October 27th 04, 08:56 PM
Toto

Default Service Engine Soon??

My 2000 BMW 3 series failed state inspection recently. The "service
engine soon" light is illuminated and the fault codes are P1250 and
P0441. It appears that the fault codes relate to the fuel cap and/or a
fuel evaporation circuit. BMW service was not able to fix it or
diagnosis the problem after various attempts. I am wondering if anyone
here has had similar problems or a recommendation.

TIA
Old October 27th 04, 11:12 PM
Deep

Did you try taking off the cap and retightening it?

It takes some driving to correct it, it won't automatically turn off...

Deep

om...

Old October 28th 04, 05:29 AM
tech27

O2 Sensors?

"Toto" > wrote in message
om...
> My 2000 BMW 3 series failed state inspection recently. The "service
> engine soon" light is illuminated and the fault codes are P1250 and
> P0441. It appears that the fault codes relate to the fuel cap and/or a
> fuel evaporation circuit. BMW service was not able to fix it or
> diagnosis the problem after various attempts. I am wondering if anyone
> here has had similar problems or a recommendation.
>
> TIA

---

Old October 28th 04, 03:15 PM
Toto

I did take a look at the fule cap and it appears to properly lock.
Maybe I'll try a new fuel cap, thanks.

Old October 28th 04, 03:19 PM
Toto

I am not to tech savy with autos but I did a quick search on the O2
sensors and I guess it could be the culprit. The car has barely 25k
miles, would you still expect the O2 sensors to be at issue?

thanks.

Old October 28th 04, 03:45 PM
Dave Plowman (News)

In article >,
Toto > wrote:
> I am not to tech savy with autos but I did a quick search on the O2
> sensors and I guess it could be the culprit. The car has barely 25k
> miles, would you still expect the O2 sensors to be at issue?

I'm not up on your emission tests, but measuring the exhaust CO and HC
content should indicate whether it's a lambda sensor problem or tank seal?

--
*Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

protect your car's engine Waltervw Audi 3 November 30th 04 01:53 AM
protect your car's engine Waltervw Alfa Romeo 0 November 23rd 04 03:00 PM
Service David A Smith Alfa Romeo 4 October 19th 04 03:36 PM
BMW 318i E46 M43 engine failure Andrew Thomas BMW 0 October 4th 04 10:55 AM
BMW service lights in the UK spammy BMW 3 September 18th 04 06:55 PM