P0137

Old March 14th 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

Default P0137

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:15:06 -0600, "HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)"
> wrote:

>A day ago I read this code out of my Saturn, and the reader instructed me
>that it was the "O2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 2) and I
>promptly replaced the first sensor (one right out of the engine
>block/exhaust manifold.) about 24 hours later, I get the same code. I wrack
>over it and go out and purchase a CanOBD2 3100c and it reported the same
>code. I cleared it and drove home (about 10 minutes, half on highway, half
>stop and go on a city road.) Nothing came back up. Anyone got any ideas?

Are you running a stock exhaust on this? If you have a aftermarket one
it can sometimes let the gas expand and cool too quickly and not heat
the sensor up properly for it to function correctly.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com

Old March 14th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)[_12_]

As far as I know, Its stock, though it should be the same one that's been on
the car since I've had it over a year ago. They did change some stuff on it
when they worked on my transmission (as far as I know, some bolts?) but
that's about it. The car runs fine but every once and a while it'll feel
like it's getting too much gas.

Old March 14th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 13:56:31 -0600, "HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)"
> wrote:

>As far as I know, Its stock, though it should be the same one that's been on
>the car since I've had it over a year ago. They did change some stuff on it
>when they worked on my transmission (as far as I know, some bolts?) but
>that's about it. The car runs fine but every once and a while it'll feel
>like it's getting too much gas.

Do you have access to a OBD2 scanner that can read real time sensor
data, not just the codes? I do and it has helped me track down some
problem that were either not coding or coding wrong.
-----------------
TheSnoMan.com
Old March 14th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33 \(Life2Death\)[_13_]

I have one that can read freeze frame data. I've got the CanOBD 3100c
(should I return it promptly and get one that doesn't suck?) Heres what the
freeze frame said:

P0137 02 Circuit Low Voltage (Bank1, Sensor 2)

Code P0137
Fuel System 1 Status Closed Loop
Calculated Load Value 66.67%
Engine Coolant Temp 168.8F
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 -0.78%
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 -9.38%
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure 19.5 inHg
Engine RPM 4317.00 rpm
Vehicle Speed Sensor 49.4 mph
Absolute Throttle Position 31.37%

I really was looking for something like the ScanTool USB deal so I could use
custom software and read more than that - including as I've read, you can
even pull GM codes and see when the PCM shifted your tranny last, etc.

That seems like it'd be more worth the money to me. But I also wanted one
that can read codes without a laptop =\

Thanks
-Brian

news