tire recommendations?

Old April 8th 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default tire recommendations?

My 2002 Miata LS Brookstone Turanza 205/45R16s are nearing time for
replacement. I've searched for recommendations and reviewed the recent
Car and Driver 11 tire comparison and also looked at some postings from
this group. I like the tread wear rating of the Yokohama tires I saw
listed but thought I'd put the question out to the group.

What do you like?

Frank
Old April 9th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I've always remained pretty comfortable with C&D's fairness in its tire
reviews, of course every tire has it's trade-offs but they usually present
them pretty straight forward for your consideration.

Yoko's seem to have a pretty good rep around here at least the old AVSI
(IIRC). I'm thinking it was it's replacement that was tested. I seem to
remember the Hankooks getting quite good ratings for my liking in street
tires.

Chris
99BBB

news

Old April 9th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 19:20:10 -0500, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> I've always remained pretty comfortable with C&D's fairness in its tire
> reviews, of course every tire has it's trade-offs but they usually present
> them pretty straight forward for your consideration.
>
> Yoko's seem to have a pretty good rep around here at least the old AVSI
> (IIRC). I'm thinking it was it's replacement that was tested. I seem to
> remember the Hankooks getting quite good ratings for my liking in street
> tires.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "frank" > wrote in message
> news
>> My 2002 Miata LS Brookstone Turanza 205/45R16s are nearing time for
>> replacement. I've searched for recommendations and reviewed the recent
>> Car and Driver 11 tire comparison and also looked at some postings from
>> this group. I like the tread wear rating of the Yokohama tires I saw
>> listed but thought I'd put the question out to the group.
>>
>> What do you like?
>>
>> Frank

Yeah Chris, I noted those comments in earlier posting and found some good
references to all the brands I've seen mentioned:

https://www.tiresavings.com/tireShop...findByVehicle4
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...56&rd=16&ar=45

I felt tread wear and ride - both smoothness and quiet were more important
than that last degree of handling. These Turanzas are nice, but at $180+
a pop, beyond pricey.

Frank

Old April 10th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Ya, I agree, that's highway robbery, seems to me. There are allot of good
and reasonably priced tires out there. I would add that good breakaway
characteristics are high on my priority list also above best available
maximum grip.

Let us know what you go with and how you like them but don't forget to be on
the lookout for PWS's "NEW TIRE SYNDROME". In other words, give them a
little time and try to be objective remembering you're coming off of an old
/ worn set.

Chris
99BBB

news

Old April 12th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

frank wrote:
> My 2002 Miata LS Brookstone Turanza 205/45R16s are nearing time for
> replacement. .......................

----------------------------
i replaced my brookstones with goodyear eagle super hp's --excellent so
far (ive had them 7 mos) and they are all weather. speed rated to
140mph, class A tires.

dave

Old April 12th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Guys, come on you're killing me! They're Bridgestone tires

Sorry, my wife detests when I do this to her (all the time;-)

Chris
99BBB

oups.com...

Old April 12th 06, 11:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Guys, come on you're killing me! They're Bridgestone tires

Maybe yours are. Personally, I stopped buying Brookstones--I get better
response from Sharper Image.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old April 13th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:19:41 -0500, Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

> Guys, come on you're killing me! They're Bridgestone tires
>
> Sorry, my wife detests when I do this to her (all the time;-)
>
> Chris
> 99BBB
>
> "dave" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> frank wrote:
>>> My 2002 Miata LS Brookstone Turanza 205/45R16s are nearing time for
>>> replacement. .......................

>> ----------------------------
>> i replaced my brookstones with goodyear eagle super hp's --excellent so
>> far (ive had them 7 mos) and they are all weather. speed rated to
>> 140mph, class A tires.
>>
>> dave

Yikes! My bad. Brookstone is a word/name I'm more familiar with. What
are the odds I'd screw that up and get the lord-knows-what-it-means
Turanza correct?

Frank
Old April 13th 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

No biggie, to be honest, in my ignorance I first spelled it Brigestone in my
email and spell checker said I was wrong sooooo I trusted spellchecker as it
has a much better track record than I do!

Chris
99BBB

news

65 tire recommendations bad65 Corvette 6 November 29th 04 10:53 PM
19 inch tire recommendations LIW Audi 0 November 25th 04 06:31 PM
Interesting...Expired Tires Patrick Ford Mustang 4 November 10th 04 03:42 AM
Snow tire recommendations for 1997 M3 sedan? Robert La Ferla BMW 3 October 17th 04 02:18 PM