What is viatology?

Old March 5th 10, 12:08 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Carl ROGÉRS

Default What is viatology?

If you're new to these newsgroups, you've probably come across the
term 'viatology'. What does this mean?

Viatology is defined as the scientific study of roads. Using the
scientific method to research and discuss road-related topics,
empirical knowledge is obtained and distributed throughout the world.
Though the term is new (in fact, less than three years old), viatology
has been in study for at least the past several hundred years. Those
who study and participate in viatology are called viatologists. Any
facet of road characteristics can be discussed on the basis that the
scientific method was used for discovery:
http://www.kids.net.au/encyclopedia-...entific_method

It's important to note that viatologists produce their own studies,
then present it to the community. Re-hashing news stories by the
capitalist media does not qualify as a means of viatology. For more
information on viatology, including its etymology and foreign
translations thereof, please visit http://wwtl.info/#viatology.html
for more information.

(If your desktop resolution is 1024x768 or smaller, please visit
http://wwtl.info/viatology.html instead.)

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
http://m.wwtl.info [Mobile]
+1 201.676.0185 [Press]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********
Old March 5th 10, 01:52 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Reality Check

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
| If you're new to these newsgroups, you've probably come across the
| term 'viatology'. What does this mean?

It doesn't mean a goddamned thing to anyone with more than two brain
cells to rub together.

<bitch slap>

RC

Old March 5th 10, 02:09 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Andrew Tompkins

Carl Rogers wrote:
> If you're new to these newsgroups, you've probably come across the
> term 'viatology'. What does this mean?
>
> Viatology is defined as the scientific study of roads. Using the
> scientific method to research and discuss road-related topics,
> empirical knowledge is obtained and distributed throughout the world.
> Though the term is new (in fact, less than three years old), viatology
> has been in study for at least the past several hundred years. Those
> who study and participate in viatology are called viatologists. Any
> facet of road characteristics can be discussed on the basis that the
> scientific method was used for discovery:
> http://www.kids.net.au/encyclopedia-...entific_method

After 7 months from originally asking, I'm still awaiting the discussion
of your hypothesis and testing regimen.

> It's important to note that viatologists produce their own studies,
> then present it to the community. Re-hashing news stories by the
> capitalist media does not qualify as a means of viatology. For more
> information on viatology, including its etymology and foreign
> translations thereof, please visit http://wwtl.info/#viatology.html
> for more information.

I'd also like to know what new material you are presenting.

--Andy
Old March 5th 10, 02:26 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Reality Check

"Andrew Tompkins" > wrote in message

| After 7 months from originally asking, I'm still awaiting the
discussion
| of your hypothesis and testing regimen.

Don't hold your breath waiting.

RC

Old March 5th 10, 02:44 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
David Nebenzahl

On 3/4/2010 6:09 PM Andrew Tompkins spake thus:

> Carl Rogers wrote:
>
>> If you're new to these newsgroups, you've probably come across the
>> term 'viatology'. What does this mean?
>>
>> Viatology is defined as the scientific study of roads. Using the
>> scientific method to research and discuss road-related topics,
>> empirical knowledge is obtained and distributed throughout the world.
>> Though the term is new (in fact, less than three years old), viatology
>> has been in study for at least the past several hundred years. Those
>> who study and participate in viatology are called viatologists. Any
>> facet of road characteristics can be discussed on the basis that the
>> scientific method was used for discovery:
>> http://www.kids.net.au/encyclopedia-...entific_method

> After 7 months from originally asking, I'm still awaiting the discussion
> of your hypothesis and testing regimen.

I'd say that replying to one's *own* post some 9 months later is the
very definition of desperation, aimed at getting hits on his pathetic
excuse for a web site.

- a Usenet "apology"
Old March 5th 10, 08:20 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Otto Yamamoto[_3_]

On Mar 4, 7:08*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
>*Re-hashing news stories by the
> capitalist media does not qualify as a means of viatology. *

'Capitalist Media'? Aren't you the chap who called *me* a 'radical'
not so long ago?
Old March 5th 10, 04:26 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Don Freeman

Scott in SoCal wrote:
> Last time on rec.autos.driving, Carl Rogers >
> said:
>
>> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:08:46 -0800 (PST)

> Surfing the 'net on company time again, Calsperg?

You are making a rather huge assumption that Calrog is even employed.

--
-Don

www.cosmoslair.com
Old March 5th 10, 06:38 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Steve Firth

Carl Rogers > wrote:

> If you're new to these newsgroups, you've probably come across the
> term 'viatology'.

Have you ever thought about that sentence Todgers? Anyone new to this or
any of the newsgroups that you spam won't have come across the term
"viatrollogy" because it's a made-up nonce term unique to you and your
obsessive posts.

When you die, and that can't be soon enough, the term will die with you.
It has a user base and readership of 1.
Old March 5th 10, 07:02 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Reality Check

"Don Freeman" > wrote in message
| Scott in SoCal wrote:
| > Last time on rec.autos.driving, Carl Rogers >
| > said:
| >
| >> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:08:46 -0800 (PST)
| >
| > Surfing the 'net on company time again, Calsperg?
|
| You are making a rather huge assumption that Calrog is even
employed.

Of course the ******* is employed. He's a professional pest.

RC

Old March 5th 10, 07:51 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,uk.transport,ba.transportation
Don Freeman

Reality Check wrote:
> "Don Freeman" > wrote in message
> | Scott in SoCal wrote:
> | > Last time on rec.autos.driving, Carl Rogers >

> | > Surfing the 'net on company time again, Calsperg?
> |
> | You are making a rather huge assumption that Calrog is even
> employed.
>
> Of course the ******* is employed. He's a professional pest.

Is there good money in that?

--
-Don

www.cosmoslair.com

What is viatology? Carl Rogers Driving 15 October 3rd 09 06:38 AM
What is viatology? Carl Rogers Driving 10 June 9th 09 03:01 PM
What is viatology? Carl Rogers Driving 0 March 12th 09 02:43 AM
Viatology Carl Rogers Driving 2 December 30th 08 02:54 AM