'991 Plymouth Acclaim - Turn signals

Old February 19th 05, 03:17 PM
NewarkShark

Default '991 Plymouth Acclaim - Turn signals

Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps

4-way flasher flashes nicely

Turn signal fuse good.

I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn signal
switch problem?

Thanks for all ideas!!

NewarkShark

Old February 19th 05, 03:28 PM
NewarkShark

NewarkShark > wrote in
:

> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps
>
> 4-way flasher flashes nicely
>
> Turn signal fuse good.
>

> I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn
> signal switch problem?
>
> Thanks for all ideas!!
>
> NewarkShark

Why is it that stupid mistakes are not noticed until after.....

It's a '91 Acclaim...
Old February 19th 05, 10:10 PM
maxpower

"NewarkShark" > wrote in message
.. .
> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps
>
> 4-way flasher flashes nicely
>
> Turn signal fuse good.
>

> I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn signal
> switch problem?
>
> Thanks for all ideas!!
>
> NewarkShark
> There are 2 flashers on that vehicle, Chrysler put the T/S flasher in the

stupidest place, you have to remove the lower panel under the steering
wheel, (unless you can slide under the dash and look above the steering
column) because that is where it is located. swap the T/S flasher with the
hazard to see if it works, If it does get rid of the cheap plastic one and
get a heavy duty flasher.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old February 19th 05, 11:25 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, NewarkShark wrote:

> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps 4-way flasher flashes nicely
> Turn signal fuse good. I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second
> or do I have turn signal switch problem?

The hazard flasher is the easy-to-reach one. The turn signal flasher is
hidden. To get to it, you need to remove the knee bolster (lower
instrument panel plastic cover, below steering wheel -- note the hood
release has to be removed/2 screws, and the instrument panel trim plates
need to be removed/simply pull 'em off before you can remove this panel).
Then remove the fusebox and let it hang. Look up past where the fusebox
was and you'll see the turn signal flasher held to a metal tab on the A/C
duct. Remove the wire plug and pull/twist the flasher to remove it. Note
it's held to the duct bracket by a square pip on the end of the flasher
can. You need the 224 "Twist Top" flasher, sometimes tough to find, dealer
will have it by application or NAPA number BP224TT.

DS
Old February 19th 05, 11:58 PM
NewarkShark

"maxpower" > wrote in
:

> "NewarkShark" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps
>>
>> 4-way flasher flashes nicely
>>
>> Turn signal fuse good.
>>

>> I replaced one flasher; does my car have a second or do I have turn
>> signal switch problem?
>>
>> Thanks for all ideas!!
>>
>> NewarkShark
>> There are 2 flashers on that vehicle, Chrysler put the T/S flasher in
>> the

> stupidest place, you have to remove the lower panel under the steering
> wheel, (unless you can slide under the dash and look above the
> steering column) because that is where it is located. swap the T/S
> flasher with the hazard to see if it works, If it does get rid of the
> cheap plastic one and get a heavy duty flasher.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Thank you, thank you!

Exactly as described!!
Old February 20th 05, 12:02 AM
NewarkShark

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in
.umich.edu:

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, NewarkShark wrote:
>
>> Turn signal stopped flashing the turn lamps 4-way flasher flashes
>> nicely Turn signal fuse good. I replaced one flasher; does my car
>> have a second or do I have turn signal switch problem?

> The hazard flasher is the easy-to-reach one. The turn signal flasher
> is hidden. To get to it, you need to remove the knee bolster (lower
> instrument panel plastic cover, below steering wheel -- note the hood
> release has to be removed/2 screws, and the instrument panel trim
> plates need to be removed/simply pull 'em off before you can remove
> this panel). Then remove the fusebox and let it hang. Look up past
> where the fusebox was and you'll see the turn signal flasher held to a
> metal tab on the A/C duct. Remove the wire plug and pull/twist the
> flasher to remove it. Note it's held to the duct bracket by a square
> pip on the end of the flasher can. You need the 224 "Twist Top"
> flasher, sometimes tough to find, dealer will have it by application
> or NAPA number BP224TT.
>
> DS

And I thought the hazard flasher was hard to find/reach!!

Man, I was looking for a silverish metal can, like the hazard flasher.
Instead I needed to be looking for a green plastic can!

Thanks for your description. It was right on target!
Old February 20th 05, 12:51 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005, NewarkShark wrote:

> Thanks for your description. It was right on target!

You're welcome. Should be; I've owned two of them and my third is
currently being built.

DS

91 LX (5.0), Turn Signals Not Working sariwa1 Ford Mustang 3 December 17th 04 03:52 AM
Turn signals, 99 G.C. 2.3Sleeper Dodge 0 November 23rd 04 05:12 PM
Turn Signals, Sometimes will not blink. Sleepy Joe VW air cooled 7 October 14th 04 10:44 PM
Self-Cancelling turn signals Frank Scully Antique cars 0 November 23rd 03 03:38 PM