Distribution of interest in viatology

Old July 13th 09, 06:08 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,alt.travel.canada,uk.transport
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Distribution of interest in viatology

Hi Viatologists,

Below is a 14-month chart that represents global traffic flow at the
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):

http://wwtl.info/tmp/1207/

What this shows is widespread relative interest in viatology, covering all
continents! As you continue to present scientific data related to roads,
keep in mind there is a global audience watching.

Here's some interesting trivia. Find below the geographical extremes for
WWTL traffic, per the data above:

Northernmost visit: Trondheim, Norway
Westernmost visit Anchorage, USA
Southernmost visit: Hobart, Australia
Easternmost visit: Hastings, New Zealand
Closest to Equator: Surabaya, Indonesia

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Environment first, transportology second"
********
Worldwide Transportation Library (WWTL):
http://wwtl.info
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Complete coverage of international roads and railways.
Since 2000, we have offered several photographs, videos and
Virtual 360 captures -- to each viatologist & transportologist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old July 13th 09, 09:11 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,alt.travel.canada,uk.transport
NBtarheel_33

Gee, wonder why the scale in that graph lacks units. What, is light
green 1 hit and dark green 5?
Old July 13th 09, 11:59 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ne.transportation,alt.travel.canada,uk.transport
Jonathan L

On Jul 13, 1:11*am, NBtarheel_33 > wrote:
> Gee, wonder why the scale in that graph lacks units. *What, is light
> green 1 hit and dark green 5?

Please do not feed the troll.
Old July 13th 09, 12:38 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.travel.canada,uk.transport
Mark Goodge

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 01:11:15 -0700 (PDT), NBtarheel_33 put finger to
keyboard and typed:

>Gee, wonder why the scale in that graph lacks units. What, is light
>green 1 hit and dark green 5?

Maybe these will give a clue:

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/wwtl.info
http://www.quantcast.com/profile-search/wwtl.info
http://trends.google.com/websites?q=wwtl.info
http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_rep.../www.wwtl.info

If you want to get a feel for how these figures compare to other
websites, try putting any small, personal web page into the same
systems. Like, say, my own blog domain, which typically gets around
250 visits a month - not a lot, really. My global Alexa ranking for
goodge.co.uk is currently 2,107,821, which is utterly pathetic in
global terms, and 204,549 within the UK, which is better but still
pretty poor (you need to be in the top 100,000 at least for a single
country, or the top 1,000,000 globally, to be significant). My site is
still doing better than wwtl.info, though, which is currently rated
4,794,205 at Alexa.

Incidentally, the map image that Carl posted is from Google Analytics,
which does show the actual figures from 1 at the left hand end of the
scale to whatever the actual maximum value is at the right. Now, if I
felt I had something to boast about in terms of traffic, I don't think
I'd edit those out before posting the image.

Mark
--
Blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk
Stuff: http://www.good-stuff.co.uk
Old July 13th 09, 07:19 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,alt.travel.canada,uk.transport
Andrew Tompkins

Mark Goodge wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 01:11:15 -0700 (PDT), NBtarheel_33 put finger to
> keyboard and typed:
>
>> Gee, wonder why the scale in that graph lacks units. What, is light
>> green 1 hit and dark green 5?

> Incidentally, the map image that Carl posted is from Google Analytics,
> which does show the actual figures from 1 at the left hand end of the
> scale to whatever the actual maximum value is at the right. Now, if I
> felt I had something to boast about in terms of traffic, I don't think
> I'd edit those out before posting the image.

The spacing is consistent with 4 figures. Mine for a similar time
period is barely 5 figures with slightly expanded spacing for the extra
digit (same size picture). I get an average of about 30-35 visitors per
day. And I don't shill my website (and haven't worked on it for a
couple of years while working on another project).

--Andy