Help needed changing front offside indicator bulb

Old June 4th 06, 07:45 PM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default Help needed changing front offside indicator bulb

Hi, I have a 98 A6 saloon and the front offside indicator bulb has
blown.
I tried to get at it so I could replace it myself, but I could not work
out how to get the bulb out. Also it was fiendishly difficult to even
get at it in the first place.
Anybody know how to go about it or do I have to let Audi dealer charge
me £5 for the bulb and about £40 labour?

Thanks....Richard

Old June 5th 06, 09:39 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

In message . com>
"Richard" > wrote:

> Hi, I have a 98 A6 saloon and the front offside indicator bulb has
> blown.
> I tried to get at it so I could replace it myself, but I could not work
> out how to get the bulb out. Also it was fiendishly difficult to even
> get at it in the first place.

Yes, quite difficult to reach it. However, if you can get your hand in
there, you should find that there is a straight flat 'handle' protruding
from the back of the bulb-holder. If you can grab this and twist it
anti-clockwise this should release the bayonet fixing and allow the
holder to be easily withdrawn.