Replacing mirror in 97 Stratus

Old October 14th 04, 04:02 PM
Tracey

Default Replacing mirror in 97 Stratus

I recently broke the driver's side power door mirror on my 97 Stratus.
(Don't ask how-stupid mistake!) I ordered a replacement on-line for a
fraction of the dealer cost and hope to replace it myself. It seems like it
would be easy, but the inside panel covering the mirror area doesn't want to
come off. Does anyone know if this is an easy task and if I need to take
the whole door panel off to get to the mirror screw/plug? If so, how do I
go about doing that? If it's not obvious already, I have VERY limited
knowledge with cars. Should I just take this to the dealer or body shop?

Tracey

Old October 16th 04, 03:48 PM
mic canic

the whole panel has to come off and it's just a matter of removing screws then
pulling it off there are some under the speaker grill and there is 3 8mm nuts
that hold on the mirror assembly

Old October 16th 04, 03:48 PM
mic canic

Tracey wrote:

> I recently broke the driver's side power door mirror on my 97 Stratus.
> (Don't ask how-stupid mistake!) I ordered a replacement on-line for a
> fraction of the dealer cost and hope to replace it myself. It seems like it
> would be easy, but the inside panel covering the mirror area doesn't want to
> come off. Does anyone know if this is an easy task and if I need to take
> the whole door panel off to get to the mirror screw/plug? If so, how do I
> go about doing that? If it's not obvious already, I have VERY limited
> knowledge with cars. Should I just take this to the dealer or body shop?
>
> Tracey

99 Caravan brake grinding noise even after replacing pads/disks jogret Dodge 4 October 7th 04 07:49 AM
1996 Stratus Electrical Issues seeker2k Dodge 0 June 16th 04 08:23 PM
2000 Dodge Stratus Matt Smith Dodge 0 May 28th 04 03:56 PM
Help! 1998 Stratus won't start, complicated. [email protected] Dodge 0 April 15th 04 03:22 PM