PT Cruiser - Low Brake Fluid -

Old October 24th 04, 03:04 AM
JAN - OHIO

Default PT Cruiser - Low Brake Fluid -

Old October 24th 04, 04:29 AM
SRG

Have the front brake pads checked, when they wear away, the fluid in the caliper takes up the space, making the master cylender low. You also might get a larger response to your questions without all that **stuff** in your post.

SRG

"JAN - OHIO" > wrote in message ...
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem. I have a 2002
PT Cruiser and I've had to fill my master cylinder. In fact the
original fluid was so low that I could hardly see it at the bottom of
the reservoir. I have not seen any fluid leaks on the ground or under
the car. Where can it be going??? Do you think my master cylinder is
the problem and will it need to be repaired or replaced???? Also, do
you think this might be covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty???
Thanks in advance for any information you can give me. This is my
first "NEW" car. So I don't know all the ins and outs about new car
warranties and stuff. In all my 55 years of life this is a first for
me.
And does anyone know about the "tape-like" residue on the PT Cruiser
Bumpers?? What can I do about this problem??

From,
Jan
Taupe PT Cruiser

If you have some free time - take a look at my pages for ...
SEPTEMBER11,2001

Old October 24th 04, 02:33 PM
Richard

"JAN - OHIO" > wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
> I was wondering if anyone out there has this problem. I have a 2002
> PT Cruiser and I've had to fill my master cylinder. In fact the
> original fluid was so low that I could hardly see it at the bottom of
> the reservoir. I have not seen any fluid leaks on the ground or under
> the car. Where can it be going??? Do you think my master cylinder is
> the problem and will it need to be repaired or replaced????

Yes, pad ware will lower the fluid level. It is not recommend that one tops
it off since it will have to be taken out to make room for the new pads. But
I have never seen it go that low so take it back to the dealer to have it
checked out. I believe the expanded warranty only covers the motor and
transmission. Sounds like you need new pads. I like ceramic pads since they
produce less black dust on the wheels.

Richard.

Old October 24th 04, 02:33 PM
Richard

Green Brake Fluid coffee01 Corvette 4 January 15th 05 08:06 PM
Power Top Fluid Mike Atkins Antique cars 5 September 7th 04 07:55 PM
Transmission Fluid Dan Fraser Dodge 12 August 10th 04 06:08 AM