vouchers

Old November 30th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
newman

Default vouchers

Is Ford going to be sending out vouchers (to use for purchasing a new Ford)
to all 1998-2001 Explorer owners?

Old November 30th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Art McClinton

Why do you think they might?

Old November 30th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Ed White[_2_]

"Art McClinton" > wrote in message
> Why do you think they might?
>
> "newman" > wrote in message
>> Is Ford going to be sending out vouchers (to use for purchasing a new
>> Ford)
>> to all 1998-2001 Explorer owners?

Crappy Class Action Lawsuit Settlement. Lawyer get money, members of the
class get what amounts to an additional rebate.

See below -
Ford agrees to settle some rollover cases

Reuters
November 29, 2007 - 12:01 am ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. has agreed to settle class-action
litigation covering plaintiffs in four states who claimed its Explorer sport
utility vehicles were prone to rollovers, Ford said on Wednesday.

"From Ford's position, we believe the settlement is fair and reasonable and
in the best in interests of our customers and our shareholders," Ford
spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said.

A preliminary approval hearing was scheduled for Monday, Kinley said, but
declined to estimate the cost to Ford.

The settlement applies to about 1 million people in California, Connecticut,
Illinois and Texas, according to the Associated Press, which cited Kevin
Roddy, a New Jersey attorney and co-counsel for the SUV owners who brought
the lawsuit.

The attorney, who could not immediately be reached, told the AP that the
settlement would be filed later on Wednesday in Sacramento County Superior
Court. It will allow vehicle owners to apply for $500 vouchers to buy new
Explorers or $300 vouchers to buy other Ford or Lincoln Mercury products.

The settlements apply to Explorers from model years 1991 through 2001, Roddy
said in the report.

Old November 30th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe[_2_]

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 23:48:59 -0500, "Ed White"
> wrote:

>"Art McClinton" > wrote in message
>> Why do you think they might?
>>
>> "newman" > wrote in message
>>> Is Ford going to be sending out vouchers (to use for purchasing a new
>>> Ford)
>>> to all 1998-2001 Explorer owners?

>Crappy Class Action Lawsuit Settlement. Lawyer get money, members of the
>class get what amounts to an additional rebate.
>
>See below -
>Ford agrees to settle some rollover cases
>
>Reuters
>November 29, 2007 - 12:01 am ET
>
>NEW YORK (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. has agreed to settle class-action
>litigation covering plaintiffs in four states who claimed its Explorer sport
>utility vehicles were prone to rollovers, Ford said on Wednesday.
>
>"From Ford's position, we believe the settlement is fair and reasonable and
>in the best in interests of our customers and our shareholders," Ford
>spokeswoman Kristen Kinley said.
>
>A preliminary approval hearing was scheduled for Monday, Kinley said, but
>declined to estimate the cost to Ford.
>
>The settlement applies to about 1 million people in California, Connecticut,
>Illinois and Texas, according to the Associated Press, which cited Kevin
>Roddy, a New Jersey attorney and co-counsel for the SUV owners who brought
>the lawsuit.
>
>The attorney, who could not immediately be reached, told the AP that the
>settlement would be filed later on Wednesday in Sacramento County Superior
>Court. It will allow vehicle owners to apply for $500 vouchers to buy new
>Explorers or $300 vouchers to buy other Ford or Lincoln Mercury products.
>
>The settlements apply to Explorers from model years 1991 through 2001, Roddy
>said in the report.

Note that the vouchers are only to be given in the four states that
filed the class action suit - California, Connecticut, Illinois and
Texas.