Haynes manual instructions

Old November 11th 04, 02:16 AM
Kenneth P. Stox

Bill 2 wrote:
> "Alex Rodriguez" > wrote in message
>
>>In article ich.edu>,
says...

>>>This should be included with every Haynes manual sold:
>>>http://u225.torque.net/haynes_instructions.html

>>While they are not the best choice, they are not quite that bad.
>>----------------
>>Alex

> Actually yes they are. They are filled with so much incorrect, incomplete
> information that your money is better spent paying a couple bucks more for
> the factory service manual.

The perfect Holiday gift for someone special! ;->
Old November 11th 04, 03:31 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 11th 04, 03:31 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old November 11th 04, 04:45 PM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:58:38 GMT, (Brent P)
wrote:

http://u225.torque.net/haynes_instructions.html

||> Actually yes they are. They are filled with so much incorrect, incomplete
||> information that your money is better spent paying a couple bucks more for
||> the factory service manual.
||I'd rather not have a manual than a haynes or a chiltons...

You may get your wish. Many of the manufacturers no longer offer a manual to the
owner. If they do, it may be a CD for $100 or more

Haynes fills a need for reasonably-priced repair information specific to your
car. It is correct far more than it is wrong. I have a number of Haynes
manuals and have yet to find a procedure incorrectly documented. It is true
that sometimes there is not enough info to answer the questions that come up,
but for the money I'll accept that.

I obtain a Haynes manual for every vehicle I acquire. If I can also get a FSM, I
will, but that's a backup. The Haynes gets the grease smudges.
Texas Parts Guy
Old November 11th 04, 04:45 PM

Old November 11th 04, 06:31 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:35:01 GMT, "Bill 2" > wrote:
>
>>They are filled with so much incorrect, incomplete
>>information that your money is better spent paying a couple bucks more for
>>the factory service manual.

>A *couple* of bucks?
>
>Obviously you have not priced any factory service manuals lately...

I bought the one for my 99 Mazda for $50, but I understand
undiscounted retail is $100. $400 for Toyota I can believe, too.
Old November 11th 04, 06:31 PM
Matthew Russotto

Old November 11th 04, 09:03 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
TeGGer® > wrote:
(Matthew Russotto) sprach im
:

>> In article >,
>> Scott en Aztlán <newsgroup> wrote:

>>>A *couple* of bucks?
>>>
>>>Obviously you have not priced any factory service manuals lately...

>> I bought the one for my 99 Mazda for $50, but I understand
>> undiscounted retail is $100. $400 for Toyota I can believe, too.
>>

>Does that $50 one contain all the EWDs?

I assume EWDs = wiring diagrams? Yes, it has them, though reduced in
size. I believe there's a larger version of the manual that
the dealers have, I don't know how much that one costs.
Old November 11th 04, 09:03 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
TeGGer® > wrote:
(Matthew Russotto) sprach im
:

Old November 11th 04, 11:01 PM
E.R.

In a previous posting, "Bill 2" > had the audacity
to say:

:Actually yes they are. They are filled with so much incorrect, incomplete
:information that your money is better spent paying a couple bucks more for
:the factory service manual.

I was actually dumb enough to buy a Haynes manual once, so I
actually agree with you and Dan, except for the fact that it's
not a "couple" of bucks more for the factory service manual.
It's more like $100 more.

--
E.R. aka SJG aka Ricardo
present location: vancouver bc canada