A child seat in the back seat of a 98.

Old May 11th 05, 04:27 AM

Default A child seat in the back seat of a 98.

I have an annoying problem putting a child seat in the back of my 98 XLT.
Since the seat is split 1/3-2/3 and I put the seat in the center my kid will
lean to the left of the truck because the bottom of the seat has less
support on the edge of the 2/3 bench.

I thought about putting a piece of board across the seats and putting the
child seat on top of that but then it will be uncomfortable for anyone who
might seat next to it.

Any creative ideas ?

Thanks,
zoti

Old May 11th 05, 06:25 AM

How is that going to help ? The child seat is flat on the bottom (it's for 1
year and up). It sinks to the side because the foam in the seat is softer at
the side. I was thinking of having the board go across the 2/3 part and over
the 1/3 part so it will even it out but then it will be uncomfortable for
anyone seating in either side of the child seat.

Old May 11th 05, 06:39 AM
351CJ

Hum ah, put the child seat on one of the two sides...

Old May 11th 05, 06:50 AM

apart from the fact that the safest place for the child seat is the center
it is very uncomfortable to have it on either side.

If it's behind the driver then you can't reach the child if he drops
something (only when stopped !) and on the other side it's hard to get him
in and out as you can't access that door when parked in the garage.

Old May 11th 05, 12:20 PM
Mikepier

I am assuming this is a foward facing seat. If the seat has a tether
attachment, it will definately hold the seat more straight. You have to
buy the tether anchor assembly at the dealer and it's simple to put in.
I did it on my 99.

Old May 11th 05, 04:05 PM

Maybe this image will help understanding the problem a bit:

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/misc.../misc/seat.jpg

zoti