Buying Rubicon - 2004 or 2005

Old December 28th 04, 04:48 AM
alan

Default Buying Rubicon - 2004 or 2005

I'm thinking of buying a Rubicon. I don't like shopping so I don't
plan on talking to a salesman until I decide what to buy.

What are the changes between the 2004 and 2005 Rubicon? I've looked
on the net but can't find much. The reviews list features but don't
say if they are new or the same. The only difference I've found is
the manual transmission 5 speed vs 6 speed. Is everything else the
same other than, of course, price?

Old December 28th 04, 02:51 PM

2005 offers the Rubicon Unlimited, 2004 only has the short wheelbase
version.

My personal opinion is that the RU is the coolest vehicle the Jeep line
has ever manufactured, with a possible honorary exception for the
original Willys CJ.

Old December 28th 04, 11:52 PM
SoK66

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> 2005 offers the Rubicon Unlimited, 2004 only has the short wheelbase
> version.
>
> My personal opinion is that the RU is the coolest vehicle the Jeep line
> has ever manufactured, with a possible honorary exception for the
> original Willys CJ.

Rubicon is likely the best factory-equipped SWB Jeep ever for off roading,
and a god all-around package as a daily driver. As far as '04 vs. '05, pick
the best deal, there's only the 6 spped difernece that's of any note. (I'm
not quite sure why we need a 6 speed in a TJ, other than perhaps it saves DC
money in some way or another.) I'm not fond of the gray top[ & flares on the
'05's I've seen lately, but I'm told they've been changed back to black on
current production.

If I was going to get one right now, I'd go for the Rubi Unlimited
w/automatic, swap in a 5.5" Rubicon Express or Teraflex lift, some 35's,
bumpers and a winch & call it done.

Old December 29th 04, 01:26 AM
alan

The SWB/LWB is a hard decision. I like SWB but the extra towing
capacity and cargo room of the LWB is nice.

I have an ARB bumper & winch on my 2000 Sport. Will they fit the
Rubicon? Does the Rubicon have any new skid plates that would get in
the way of the ARB bumper?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:52:49 -0700, "SoK66" >
wrote:

oups.com...

Old January 8th 05, 05:57 PM

Alan,
Your ARB bumper and winch will fit fine. I have a 2005 Rubicon
Unlimited with 6-Speed. It's the most amazing Jeep I've ever owned.
To me, there's no choice... if you can, get the LWB. Having an actual
trunk is a concept that was totally foreign to me with the SWB Wrangler
I had before this one. And you only loose a little bit of breakover
angle and departure angle.

alan wrote:
> The SWB/LWB is a hard decision. I like SWB but the extra towing
> capacity and cargo room of the LWB is nice.
>
> I have an ARB bumper & winch on my 2000 Sport. Will they fit the
> Rubicon? Does the Rubicon have any new skid plates that would get

in
> the way of the ARB bumper?
>
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:52:49 -0700, "SoK66" >
> wrote:
>

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >> 2005 offers the Rubicon Unlimited, 2004 only has the short

wheelbase
> >> version.
> >>
> >> My personal opinion is that the RU is the coolest vehicle the Jeep

line
> >> has ever manufactured, with a possible honorary exception for the
> >> original Willys CJ.

> >Rubicon is likely the best factory-equipped SWB Jeep ever for off

roading,
> >and a god all-around package as a daily driver. As far as '04 vs.

'05, pick
> >the best deal, there's only the 6 spped difernece that's of any

note. (I'm
> >not quite sure why we need a 6 speed in a TJ, other than perhaps it

saves DC
> >money in some way or another.) I'm not fond of the gray top[ &

flares on the
> >'05's I've seen lately, but I'm told they've been changed back to

black on
> >current production.
> >
> >If I was going to get one right now, I'd go for the Rubi Unlimited
> >w/automatic, swap in a 5.5" Rubicon Express or Teraflex lift, some

35's,
> >bumpers and a winch & call it done.

Buying 2005 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan - Invoice price good? John W Honda 6 January 17th 05 03:25 PM
Taking The Haggling Out Of Buying That New '05 Auto Azam Chrysler 0 January 15th 05 06:15 AM
Accord EX 2004 vs 2005 SmarSquid Honda 8 September 30th 04 01:33 PM
buying bmw 325 (2005 vs 2006) Ruwan BMW 2 September 19th 04 11:27 PM
2005 S4 Cabriolet Newbie Ramzi Nassar Audi 4 August 7th 04 10:35 PM