New to group

Old September 13th 06, 12:50 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Ray Muller[_1_]

Default New to group

Hi, I'm Ray. I have an '04 325i which I've been trying to kill since new.
It's holding up pretty well. I've just starting reading the group. Is there
a FAQ or should I just jump right in with a frequenly asked question?

TIA

Ray
"If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of
myself."
- some guy who writes slogans for those little motorcycle helmet stickers.

Old September 13th 06, 12:57 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Fred W[_1_]

Ray Muller wrote:
> Hi, I'm Ray. I have an '04 325i which I've been trying to kill since new.
> It's holding up pretty well. I've just starting reading the group. Is there
> a FAQ or should I just jump right in with a frequenly asked question?
>

> TIA
>
> Ray
> "If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of
> myself."
> - some guy who writes slogans for those little motorcycle helmet stickers.

Ray,

Google Groups is a good bet. Or just ask. The worst that could happen
is you'd get ignored...

--
-Fred W
Old September 13th 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
dave

first thing i'd do is remove your proper email address when posting to this or
any newsgroup...don't say i didn't warn you lol

Old September 14th 06, 04:51 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

The second thing to do is make sure you do not post to a Text Only group in
HTML or Rich Text.

Old September 14th 06, 07:38 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Grumps

And don't top post
And use a proper sig separator (dash dash space).

Old September 14th 06, 01:32 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Spack

Grumps wrote on Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:38:21 +0100:

> And don't top post

Oh, the irony.

--
Dan

Old September 14th 06, 02:03 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dori A Schmetterling

Tilting at windmills...but I heartily endorse your advice.

When I first started in NG's I used a special e-mail address but it was a
'real' one. Fairly soon I noticed so many strange addresses and eventually
twigged why. Changed to a fake address.

And...sure enough...some weeks later I started received spam to this special
address. It was quite a salutory lesson about the cyber-dangers.

DAS

---

"dave" > wrote in message
> first thing i'd do is remove your proper email address when posting to
> this or
> any newsgroup...don't say i didn't warn you lol
>
> Fred W wrote:

[...]

Old September 15th 06, 04:17 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Actually, top posting is common in gear head forums.

Old September 16th 06, 02:17 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Ray Muller

"dave" > wrote in message
> first thing i'd do is remove your proper email address when posting to
> this or
> any newsgroup...don't say i didn't warn you lol
>
> Fred W wrote:
>
>> Ray Muller wrote:
>> > Hi, I'm Ray. I have an '04 325i which I've been trying to kill since
>> > new.
>> > It's holding up pretty well. I've just starting reading the group. Is
>> > there
>> > a FAQ or should I just jump right in with a frequenly asked question?
>> >

>> > TIA
>> >
>> > Ray
>> > "If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care
>> > of
>> > myself."
>> > - some guy who writes slogans for those little motorcycle helmet
>> >stickers.
>> >

>> Ray,
>>
>> Google Groups is a good bet. Or just ask. The worst that could happen
>> is you'd get ignored...
>>
>> --
>> -Fred W

Thanks for the replies.

That's what I get for using outlook express instead of agent.

Anyway, here's the question: does anyone go to the dealer for service after
the warranty is up? I'm due for 'inspection' whatever that means, plue oil
service and PA State Inspection as well. I really have no desire to give
another dime to the dealer, at least not until I have to get a new car. So
in the meantime, where do other cheapskate BMW owners get their cars
serviced?

Ray
"Keep honking, I'm reloading"
- The helmet sticker guy again.

Old September 16th 06, 02:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Floyd Rogers[_1_]

"Ray Muller" > wrote

Brett Anderson said:

>2. Find yourself a good BMW independent. Try www.bimrs.org for locating
>one. They'll be more realistic than the dealer's "time for a new car"
>response.

>Brett Anderson KMS- Koala Motorsport

FloydR

OBD II Group New Group Software Error Codes Best Prices Scott Smith General 0 August 1st 06 10:33 AM
OBD II Group New Group Software Error Codes Best Prices Scott Smith Dodge 0 August 1st 06 10:32 AM
OBD II Group New Group Software Error Codes Best Prices Scott Smith Technology 0 August 1st 06 10:29 AM
FAQ for this newsgroup Dima BMW 5 May 11th 05 10:19 PM
Well it looks like Mitch is trying to ruin this group like he didthe flight sim group artie beamer Simulators 14 April 3rd 05 12:00 AM