Brake lights out

Old April 24th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Brake lights out

I bought a new switch, didn't do the trick.

Old April 25th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

why don't you read Jim warman's post again instead throwing parts at it

Those connectors go bad alot resulting in pushed out pins

Old April 25th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Yeah, I intend to, just waiting because I can't see anything loose without
taking the dash out.

Old April 25th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Well, I didn't see anything loose. I'm gonna cave and take it to a shop. I'm
not that electrically gifted and probably missed something.

Old April 25th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Thanks though!!

Old April 29th 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I took it to a garage and they showed me a coupling that was totally corroded.
It seems that one side was a different metal than the other. Whoever had the
vehicle before me must have had a problem with it also had a problem and
replaced the part with a different year or even a different vehicle. Brake
lights work fine now.

Old April 30th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Dude that is awesome...that it is fixed!!
Let me ask you...where is the coupling you are talking about so I can
check the condition of mine.

Thanks,

Sam in Raleigh.