Man, 65, dies after his car slams into pole in Glasgow

Old November 7th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

Default Man, 65, dies after his car slams into pole in Glasgow

http://tinyurl.com/6wvee6p

A 65-year-old man was killed Saturday afternoon when he lost control of his
1970 Plymouth Barracuda on Del. 896 (Summit Bridge Road) in Glasgow and
slammed into a pole, police said.

The victim's name was not released.

The crash was reported at 4:39 p.m. on Summit Bridge Road, 400 feet north of
Sweethollow Drive, said state police Sgt. Paul Shavack.

The driver was heading north at a high rate of speed on Summit Bridge Road
when he lost control of his car, Shavack said.

The vehicle rotated 90 degrees clockwise, veered off the right side of the
road and slammed into a utility pole, Shavack said.

The victim was thrown from the car, and the vehicle split into three
sections, with the engine block traveling 100 feet from the point of impact,
he said.

The utility pole was sheared in half.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

Prior to the incident, the car ran out of gas on the right shoulder of
Summit Bridge Road, south of Howell School Road, and family members brought
the victim gasoline.

After he was gassed up, the driver took off at a high rate of speed and
crashed, Shavack said.

The northbound roadway was closed at Howell School Road for three hours
while the crash was investigated and the wreckage was cleared.

Old November 7th 11, 04:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

rob wrote:

> A 65-year-old man was killed Saturday afternoon when he lost control
> of his 1970 Plymouth Barracuda on Del. 896 (Summit Bridge Road) in
> Glasgow and slammed into a pole, police said.

Wow, is that ever ****ed up.

Stupid ass 65-year-old geezer. What a waste of a classic muscle car.

Maybe he had a heart attack or stroke. Or maybe trying to commit
suicide.

The hood looks like it survived not too bad. What's with the huge scoop
on the hood? Did the idiot have a blower on that engine?

The rear tail light panel might also be usable.
Old November 7th 11, 09:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DAS[_2_]

Given that this was in the UK -- and though we do have some cars running on
gas -- I suspect the vehicle ran out of petrol...

It's certainly a mess in any language.

:-)
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
---

Old November 7th 11, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 11/07/11 04:53 am, DAS wrote:

> Given that this was in the UK -- and though we do have some cars running on
> gas -- I suspect the vehicle ran out of petrol...
>
> It's certainly a mess in any language.

Since the report refers to "state police Sgt....," it seemed unlikely
that it was in UK, and indeed the reporter's email address is
. So I assume that there must be a Glasgow,
Delaware. The real Glasgow should sue them for copyright infringement :-)

Perce

Old November 7th 11, 02:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

DAS used improper usenet message composition style by top-posting and
unnecessarily full-quoting:

> Given that this was in the UK --

You obviously did not visit the link given.

This happened in the municipality of Glasgow, in the US state of
Delaware.

Your first clue that this probably was not Glasgow Scottland is that it
involves a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda.
Old November 8th 11, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rob

that's no clue. they love our classic mopars over there.

guy I know in Colorado bought a 71 Convert hemi 4 spd car in the south of
France.

Old November 10th 11, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DAS[_2_]

Yes, the car is no clue.

And Scotland has as many t's as tea...

And now I have learned that there is a Glasgow in the USA (but I am not
surprised).

And I am not surprised that MoPar is still in the usenet police. Time to
mellow, ol' boy...

DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
---
ng.com...