98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

Old September 9th 11, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mark Goodall

Default 98 Grand Voyager V6 3.0 Bought new rad fans & pwm 'relay'. No go...

I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the 2 green wires on the relay connector. Rather than being dark & light green, mine are green & blue-green.
Can anybody tell me whether the dark green is next to the black wire or next to the gray wire? They're also numbered 1 - 4 on the connector, so is dark green #2, or is it #3? I don't want to guess, so I can do the test right. Thanks, Mark.
Old September 9th 11, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
SRN

"Mark Goodall" > wrote in message
> I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the 2 green wires on
> the relay connector. Rather than being dark & light green, mine are green
> & blue-green.
> Can anybody tell me whether the dark green is next to the black wire or
> next to the gray wire? They're also numbered 1 - 4 on the connector, so is
> dark green #2, or is it #3? I don't want to guess, so I can do the test
> right. Thanks, Mark.

Here is the pin out from the 1998 shop manual

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10096.jpg

Old September 10th 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
SRN

"Mark Goodall" > wrote in message
> I'm having a hard time telling the difference between the 2 green wires on
> the relay connector. Rather than being dark & light green, mine are green
> & blue-green.
> Can anybody tell me whether the dark green is next to the black wire or
> next to the gray wire? They're also numbered 1 - 4 on the connector, so is
> dark green #2, or is it #3? I don't want to guess, so I can do the test
> right. Thanks, Mark.

Maybe this page is more helpful...........

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scan10097.jpg

Old September 30th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
u c coskun

You said the pin #1 is melted. From the diagram, #1 is ground. It
grounds the powertrain control system. So the diagram says that your
power train control module is shorted. I think you need to find a new
power module. get one from car-part.com..

you can get electronics from junkyards if you can be sure they are not
expose to rain or snow.

Old September 30th 11, 04:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Mark Goodall

Thanks, u c, that's what I was afraid of. Can you tell me where the power module is located on the minivan? Also, what other symptoms might the vehicle have with the power module shorted?
Thanks, Mark.