1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Old August 14th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PAUL KRAUSE

Default 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Took my jeep to the dealer to have the a/c evaporator replaced
"leaking". Before the dealer got started in the work, got a call from
the service manager, " If I heard a whistle coming from the vent when i
put on the defrost? That the vent is not working, but when they put in
the a/c evaporator they will see what the problem is". Can anyone figure
what the problem might be, before i get the bad news from the service
manager. Thanks in advance.

Old August 15th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
HomeBrewer

It's nothing the $1000.00 bill won't cover.

Old August 15th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PAUL KRAUSE

I hope you are referring to the 1000.00 dollars, to have the a/c
evaporator replaced and nothing extra.

Old August 15th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

And well worth it: http://www.billhughes.com/jeepDashRemoved.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old August 16th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
HomeBrewer

Yes, that's exactly what I was referring to. And the picture Bill Hughs
posted is my truck. I've been there. I paid the $1000.00 the first time on
my 99 Jeep XJ, then when the same thing happened to my truck I tackled it
myself. A learning experience if nothing else. I saved a few hundred $ but
it took me several days to finish the job.

Old August 16th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I did it "once" myself, on an '84 Thunderbird where the column and
pedals came out, also. Everything worked when I finished, but never
again! The heater core is leading on my '89, screw it! I don't need no
stinkin' heater!
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 16th 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Herb Leong

In article >,
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III > wrote:
# I did it "once" myself, on an '84 Thunderbird where the column and
#pedals came out, also. Everything worked when I finished, but never
#again! The heater core is leading on my '89, screw it! I don't need no
#stinkin' heater!
That's easy enough for you to say... Living in the San Diego area.
I was in El Cajon/Santee last month and it was 118 in the shade...
My lungs were burning...

/herb
Old August 16th 06, 10:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Hi Herb,
Last month Vista was a 106 degrees and an unusual Gulf of Mexico
wet bulb, but the ARMY taught me after two winters in Germany that my
lungs and skin could feel like they were burning. And I took back my
wish of rathers and told I myself I would rather burn to death than
freeze.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/